Martha goes to jail

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stymye

Reaction score
yep ... she got 6 mos in jail ,2 yrs probation ...and lots of fines
got off easy

...of course. even if she would of gone longer, it still would of been one of those federal ones with the tennis courts....

and then she went to the court steps and gave some arrogant speech. She should get 5 to 10 for pissing me off;)

It was 5 months in, and 5 months out (home confinenment) + 2 yrs probation, and $30,000 in fines.

I also believe it way too lenient.

C'mon, a millionair forced to pay $30, 000. that's like me paying $300 Big Whup. And house confinement? Can you say 'vacation'? If I had a house in the Hamptons, and was 'forced' to stay there for 5 months.. man, the many times the UPS guy would be at my door, and the amount I would spend on hobbies, etc... I would have some sweet rockets and R/C airplanes by the time I was 'free'

And it's martha, she likes home!! "And that's a good thing!"

LOL Exactly what I was thinking.

She's just going to sit there and design new toilet seat covers...

Originally posted by DPatell
LOL Exactly what I was thinking.

She's just going to sit there and design new toilet seat covers...

Then she will probably make more millions when she comes out because she has so many new designs. I very much dislike her.

This is just another example of the huge differences in justice for those who have money. If it were one of us, 5-10 years.....

And she will write a book or make a movie and make millions.......

Prison may not be the most enjoyable experience for her, though...

"Hey, guess who's in my cell!!! Martha Stewart!!!!!"

"Hey, who redecorated my toielet!?!?!?!?!?!"

Ha! 5 months confiened to the house... Big whoop. Her house is where she mosts wants to be, im guessing.... Punished for 5 months, then rewarded big-time for 5 months... :rolleyes: If I were in Martha Stewarts p osition.... the 5 months I had to stay in my house would be the best ever.... :D:p

And I am guessing the hobby shops near me would be bogged down with backorders from the thousands of body tubes I would order with my remaining millions... :rolleyes:

5 months isn't even enough time for her to measure, order, and receive her custom curtains for her cell.

And $30k!!! Small price to pay in comparison to the book deal and movie rights she'll be getting out of this thing.

Don't get me going...

Ermmm, can I ask who Martha is and what has she done? :D

Martha Stewart. Domestic Diva. Caught engaging in Insider Trading. Sentenced to 5 months in the pokey.

Originally posted by Mike
what has she done? :D
Martha Stewart is like the "home decorator" queen..... She has made millions with cookbooks, cloths, "home" stuff etc.

What she did???? Well, she got some "inside" info on one companies which she had stock in...... She cashed in a lot of those stocks, right before they went down and saved herself a good bit of money...........

...than she tried to cover it up and lie about it ...but got caught

so she doesn't go to jail? just restricted to the house ?....LOL
thats some sentence!

Hmmm .... in Brit-speak: Sounds like a cross between Laurence "Fop" Llewellyn-Bowen and Jeffrey "proven LIAR and PERJURER!" Archer. ;)

NOT alledgidly ;)

Guys, get the story straight.

She was accused and indicted on a lot of charges but...

The only thing she was convicted on was lying to a federal prosecutor and that was the ONLY conviction!

None of the other stuff would stick so that was the only thing they got her on.

Actually 5 months and $30,000 for lying seems kinda stiff.

But that's more than Clinton got...and a lot more than Bush will get for lying to us...did I say that out loud???

sandman:D

Let us try not to go political or we will be here all day! :D ;)

Who??? Me????:confused:

I guess I was just thinking out loud.

sandman

Anybody here see "Office Space"?

"You are hereby sentenced to federal POUND YOU IN THE @$$ prison."

Bwaahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I think she got what she deserved. If you can’t play by the rules then don’t whine when your caught. Securities fraud would have carried a much longer sentence, she should be happy!

The best part of this whole story is that the stock went back up well past the price she got for her stock :p :p :p

Originally posted by HeadHunter

The best part of this whole story is that the stock went back up well past the price she got for her stock
:p :p :p [/B]

Yeah too bad

She got 5 months at the Danbury Federal Country Club, 5 moths restricted to her multi million dollar house, and 30K in fines.

OTOH she made almost $100,000,000 today as her 61% share in Martha Stewart Living gained 30% in value.

go figure:rolleyes:

I wonder if the stock gain is due to people feeling bad for her....

come on people! Just take her out back and shoot her like they did in the old days!

Originally posted by DPatell
go figure:rolleyes:

I wonder if the stock gain is due to people feeling bad for her....

I don't think anyone feels bad for her, they're just figuring that with the light sentence that the company will be OK again.

that if she had KEPT the stock she sold off, she would have made a LOT MORE money as of today!

the irony!

Martha has got a low public image now for her troubles. She's lost quite a bit of money from stores dropping her products. What she got is quite lenient because of what has indirectly happened. No, my mom doesn't subscribe to her mags!

I kinda thought that the sentence was too light. If you or I pulled a stunt like that, who knows how long we would be locked up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think the law goes too easy on celebrities.:rolleyes:

I'm just glad it's over, I was getting so tired of hearing about it.

Back