Mars Spirit signal loss!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
I'm suspicous as to why all the Mars probes don't seem to last very long.

Now I know why!

sandman

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
Oh well, back to the old drawing board...:D

Run for the hills, folks - or you'll be up to your armpits in Martians!!!

>clears throat portentiously< IMHO this is where manned missions are superior to unmanned. To keep from becoming long-winded: my reading of space exploration history tells me that many times what disables a robot probe is something that could easily be fixed by a humanoid with a tool on the spot.

Originally posted by graylensman
>clears throat portentiously< IMHO this is where manned missions are superior to unmanned. To keep from becoming long-winded: my reading of space exploration history tells me that many times what disables a robot probe is something that could easily be fixed by a humanoid with a tool on the spot.

Hear, hear!

Originally posted by graylensman
my reading of space exploration history tells me that many times what disables a robot probe is something that could easily be fixed by a humanoid with a tool on the spot.

I dunno. I've heard that Martians are bullet-proof.

Luckily, some data was received this morning from spirit :)

There was a 10 minute response at 10 bits per second (reaaaallll slooooowwwww), followed by a later 20 minute receipt of data at 120 bits per sec.

PS: Sorry to hijack this thread and turn it serious :p

A-ha! Now I've got the drop on YOU with MY disintegration gun!...well, whaddya know? It - disintegrated...:D

Haphaphap Happy B-b-b-b-birthday you thing from another world you!

OHHHH, THANK YOU!

((BOOOOOOOOOOOMM))

We'll see what the little stinker is up to, with my Super Video Detecto Set.

<weeooweeerooum>

((BANG!))

THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!!! NOW I'LL USE MY SECRET WEAPON!!!

Back