MARS Snooper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eRockets/Semroc has a repro of the original Snooper - currently OOS due to supply chain issues. Estes has a recent release upsized version #7309, they had it for a great price during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales but it’s widely available from all the usual online vendors at a discounted price.

eRockets/Semroc has a repro of the original Snooper - currently OOS due to supply chain issues. Estes has a recent release upsized version #7309, they had it for a great price during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales but it’s widely available from all the usual online vendors at a discounted price.
Jonrocket has the Semroc retro/repro in stock.
If you snooze you lose.
Mars Snooper Model Rocket Kit [KV-92] - $30.50 : JonRocket.com, Model Rocket Kits, Parts, Supplies, and Accessories

I believe the Semroc retro-repro Mars Snooper is bigger than the Estes super Mars Snooper, unless the information on Jon rocket is wrong.

I believe the Semroc retro-repro Mars Snooper is bigger than the Estes super Mars Snooper, unless the information on Jon rocket is wrong.
No, I think the Semroc MS is the same size as the original Estes one. The 1.8" dia. I believe refers to the dia. of the aft shroud, not the airframe. Note that the Estes Super MS is 29 in. long and 1.3 in. dia. while the Semroc MS is 21.75 in. long.

No, I think the Semroc MS is the same size as the original Estes one. The 1.8" dia. I believe refers to the dia. of the aft shroud, not the airframe. Note that the Estes Super MS is 29 in. long and 1.3 in. dia. while the Semroc MS is 21.75 in. long.
Thanks for the information. I was looking at the information on the Estes Super Mars Snooper at ac supply and they show the length as 18”

Thanks for the information. I was looking at the information on the Estes Super Mars Snooper at ac supply and they show the length as 18”
That’s a misprint on the ACS site for sure - the dimensions on the box say 29” which matches the Estes website just like kuririn said earlier.

If I remember correctly - and it’s been a few years - Randy mentioned that an upsized Semroc MS was in the works but it probably didn’t happen because of the upsized Orbital Transport and Cherokee. Just a guess.

Careful using a composite in the rocket. I lost the decals, which might explain why the pods keep popping off. (kidding)

Seriously, I suggest epoxy for adhering the cardboard/plastic pods to the balsa.

I know know if it's ever coming to production now that the Estes Super version is out but there is an upscale Mars Snooper at ERockets. I've seen it a couple of times while visiting and saw it on Saturday. It' much larger than the Estes Super release.

If Randy brought it to market I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I know know if it's ever coming to production now that the Estes Super version is out but there is an upscale Mars Snooper at ERockets. I've seen it a couple of times while visiting and saw it on Saturday. It' much larger than the Estes Super release.

If Randy brought it to market I'd buy it in a heart beat.
I like the Mars Snooper II better actually and NewWay has it available currently.
https://www.erockets.biz/newway-oldway-flying-model-rocket-kit-mars-snooper-ii-nwy-42/
I have heard that QModeling had a upscaled version of the Mars Snooper II. I wish they could sell their kits again.

Back