Mark and the Stickershock23.com experience

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off, I want to say that in no way, shape, or form am I being paid to advertise or review this person's business. I am acting on my own accord without the Company mentioned being informed to me making a review. So on with the show!

I don't think Mark or Stickshock23.com need any introduction at all. He's been known for his quality variety of decals, wraps, ect. What I wanted to do was illustrate my own personal experience with this company. I am working on a 3 inch upscale of the black version of the Estes 1948 Big Bertha. I plan to L1 cert on this rocket and since this rocket was a time-tested favorite of mine (one of which I think we all can look back and smile on), I thought it would be fitting to make a bigger version of it.

Ordering was simple. One of the things I didn't like about the original kit from Estes was that the peel and press decals you get from Estes have an odd sheen on them. No matter what I did with my kits, I could never...EVER get the sticker to blend with the paints. Simply put, you could tell the decals from the paint from a mile away. For my upscale, I used Krylon Black Gloss and carefully did light layers as the manufacturer suggests it is an awesome finish which demands the right scale and quality look of decals to match. What Mark has done was to give customers an option to get the black background or go with straight white decals from high quality cut vinyl. What this does is give you the white portion of the decals without having to worry about matching a horrible decal background.

The results are awesome.

I also want to say on here in front of everyone that I messed up applying a decal, it folded on itself and was basically useless. I contacted Mark and he sent me the one sheet it was on without me having to purchase the whole set over again. What service! Shipping was fast and reasonably priced.

I know a lot of you already know about StickerShock but for anyone just getting into scratch builds, let me tell you the possibilities of which he offers are endless and can help you revive and upscale some of your old favorites from yesteryear.

If you haven't already, check it out for yourself at: stickershock23.com

I'm far from being a master modeler, but these graphics make this rocket just SO much better. Thanks, Mark!

BigBertha3in.jpg

Yeah... he is good!!

Wait til ya see the upscale Vipers a few of us are about to build. He has done the vinyl for them.

DSCF1897_resize.jpg

I bought a custom set of decals from Mark for my 2.6" Honest John! He was a great guy to talk to and do business with! Always got quick responses and he offered a great product and installations tips!

I've dealt with Mark on many many projects, he has always done an awesome job. His Customer service is excellent, you can't go wrong dealing with Stickershock.

Mike Gross

Wow how did I miss this one LOL

Thanks guys. I am so glad I can help make your rockets EXACTLY what you want and more!

+1 to Mark knowing how to take care of customers. my 10 year year old designed her stickers and we are about to be ready to put them on her rocket. Mark is the man.

+10 for Stickershock. Mark has helped me with design of custom decals, as well as scale decals in a variety of sizes. Very high quality product, great customer service.

As a bonus, he offers "crash-protection". I've taken advantage of this twice. What other vendor does that? Check out the "Warranty" section on his site.

Very satisfied. Highly recommended.

+10 for Stickershock. Mark has helped me with design of custom decals, as well as scale decals in a variety of sizes. Very high quality product, great customer service.

As a bonus, he offers "crash-protection". I've taken advantage of this twice. What other vendor does that? Check out the "Warranty" section on his site.

Very satisfied. Highly recommended.

Oh great now everyone is going to go out and crash their rockets....

:y:

Besides running a great business, Mark is a great guy, has given me pointers all along the way and I will NOT fly without some of his vinyl on em!!
When I rebuilt my Executioner, I fowled up with some wrinkles on the wrap ( first time too) and he gave me a clue to how to fix it, it was amazing how well a hairdryer makes it come together to be just flawless!!

GREAT THREAD!!

Mark worked with me to get the stickers for my Centuri UFO Invader 4x upscale *just right*. They were spot on! Unfortunately, it crashed on both flights. I'll be emailing Mark for (antoher) reprint later in the year.

At Red Glare XIII, I bought an Estes Maxi-Red Max and, with Mark's help, made it 'Der Redskins Max'. I've only launched it once, but it didn't choke at the 1 yard line!

Mark does outstanding work...great product, great service, and great value!

Below is a pair of siblings that sport his work. This picture was taken at Orangeburg a couple of weeks ago just before I achieved my L1. On the left is my cert rocket, a Madcow 2.6 FG kit. On the right is the excellent Cosmodrome version. Thank you Mark, Mike, and Mike for helping to make this hobby special!

Cheers,
Michael

Twins.jpg

Just applied my Black Brant II decals this morning. Wow! Fantastic! Shipping was fast and Mark even offered to hook me up with someone he knows at Aamco transmissions down by him last week when I ran into trouble! I'm pretty much a paint kind of guy but for lettering or other decals to that effect, you can't go wrong with stickershock. I think my motorcycle may need some decals though...
-Ken

Mark is definitely what every business owner should try to emulate. On a recent order for some decals for my girls' rockets, he threw in a little something extra for them. Turns out, the girls liked the sparkly freebie decals over what dad had come up with (not that I blame them). Their rockets really pop now.

Before:
DSCN0160a.jpg

After:
DSCN0741a.jpg

Mark is definitely what every business owner should try to emulate. On a recent order for some decals for my girls' rockets, he threw in a little something extra for them. Turns out, the girls liked the sparkly freebie decals over what dad had come up with (not that I blame them). Their rockets really pop now.

Before:
View attachment 137922

After:
View attachment 137923

Pretty. They should be your full time rocket decorating consultants. :)

Like many have said Marks creativity and desire to please customer are top notch. I sent an order to him at 3:00 yesterday and he responded 46 minutes later saying he wasn't sure he could get it done last night. Granted, I ordered some "stock" ( if there really is such a thing) items but in no way was I expecting that kind of response. Last night I get another e-mail at 9:30 saying my order was ready to ship. Now I'll get the rocket done sooner and be able to start another one sooner which means another order to Mark.

I sent him some custom stuff to look at late last night and already have heard from him letting me know that he at least got it and would look at it soon. Mark not sure how you do it but I wish I was able to be as quick to all of my customers as you are.

Thanks for the great service and quality products.

Pretty. They should be your full time rocket decorating consultants. :)

Wait 'til you see what Cate schemed up for my next big(-ish) rocket. Mark really came through on this one. I won't have it ready for this weekend, since it's been raining every day, but I'll have it out at Gunter.

Back