Manned Steam Powered Rocket!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_The_RocketMan

Reaction score
Uh yeah I think this breaks every rule in the NAR book, but he did get a nice ride, maybe not high enough to prove if the world was flat or not. Enjoy!

This was all covered on TRF in the years leading up to it.

First here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/amateur-manned-rocketry.132995/

Then a longer thread here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/self-taught-rocket-scientist-plans-to-launch-himself.143448

He's a huckster stunt-man. His history showed no belief in Flat Earth until he got sponsorship by the Flat Earth Society. So I think he took on that sponsorship to take THEM for a ride, not that he really believes it. Also it made for much better media publicity. Like I said, huckster.

He claimed have flown in 2014. But there were no camera views of him aboard the rocket except for a video some time after it landed. So either a totally incompetent media disaster to not have any camera show he was really in it when it flew, or he simply lied. I don't think he was THAT stupid not to have cameras show he was really onboard (they had a GoPro onboard looking out the tail to show the parachute deploy, and the chute was damaged a bit). Huckster.

In other news, the US landed men on the moon in 1969.

Lindberg landed in Paris.

Columbus discovered "the New World".

The Earth cooled, then the dinosaurs came.
tumblr_p8mgen5Ew81v9wqzho5_500.gif

Last edited:
Steam powered rockets are hilarious, I think if you try hard enough, you might be able to get it pretty far, but I highly doubt you can do much with steam propulsion. Look at ARCA Space, they build a steam powered rocket claiming it can get to space soon. Steam just doesn't have enough energy. I think the whole flat earth rocket thing is hilarious whether Mad Mike road it or not. I heard he wants to build a balloon to ride on or something next

Back