Manchester, TN: AUG 14 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
Time we started another MC2 thread...

All right, who's comin to TN next weekend? sound off...

I am planning to attend and fly my new set of Sky Ripper Systems hybrid motors. I would hope to get in an H flight and an I flight on the PVC grains. I am not sure if the Black Diamond will be ready for the J144 SRS PolyPro flight or not.

Be there be square :D

I'm attending

I'm bringing
VB Javelin-G64, G80
4" Pershing-G?
EZI -65-pro38 H
Sunward Maverick-E9
and some other scratch builds and mod rocs

I am bringing my Javelin (Grey Ghost from Coast to Coast) and flying it on the new SRS Hybrids I119 (PVC) and the I146 (PolyPro)...

WOW!
What an incredible launch day it truned into! We had a stack of flight cards 2 inches thick at least! Everything from A impulse on up to that gorgeous K fligth right near the end. And I remember LCOing at least 4 cert flights, and I was not the only one who did it! Plus a lot of newcomers this month...

Anybody else got impressions??

Wow, I really thought that new Sky Ripper Systems hybrid was "da bomb!"

The whole day was great fun, cert flights galore, and the best flight was second to last with the beautifully painted PML Tethys flying on a J350 with no electronics...a perfect flight.

Lots of Ellis mountain motors were flown as well, to include an Ellis Mountain L330!

I wished we had not run out of "gas" as I would have been able to get in one more SRS flight...

My hat is off to the folks at MC2, as they know how to put on a show.

It was a great time!
Johnny, the sky Ripper flights were awesome
oh yeah, the MC2 atmosphere is hard to beat !

aside from all the great launches,
I personally had a sucessfull day as well
(sorry forgot camera )

one of the Ellis Mtn flights was my 29mm applewhite cone
on a G20-3 ,a great combo with the 5.4 second burn, it was gone and kept going.... yet even with the steady breeze it landed 10' in front of me!

I also flew my sunward maverick for the first time on an E9
the 24mm upgrade made all the difference, I highly recomend it

My personel highlight tho was the first launch of my 4" scratch built Pershing 1a, I was really nervous after spending so many weeks building it,(and seeing so many of them go unstable at other launches.)
needless to say I'm elated with it !my new favorite!

thanks to Eric, Jason,Ken,Lance,Chuck and the Hara Group, plus many others, we've come a long way in a few short years
MC2 rocks !

HARA runs the show next month to let the MC2 crew take a break and fly...should be a good one once again.

My son and I had a great time. We flew our Dueces Wild, 18 and 24mm Quest Nike Smokes and a couple of scratch builts that so many people on this forum helped out with, including a gap staged "not-even-close-to scale" Nike ASP (flew great). Hats off to all who made it possible. Can't wait until next month!

How are the Ellis L330's?? I'm thinking about flying one next year...that's the big 54mm SU one, right?

The L330 had an 8 second burn. I am not sure what the rocket weighed, but it maybe hit 1,500 to 2,000 feet, in a wide arc over the sky...not quite the 8,000 feet that the flier predicted. But it sure did burn forever.

Interesting info...if you don't mind me asking, what was the size of that bird?

The rocket was scratch built and looked like the PML 7.5" Ultimate Endeavor. The owner named it "Menace to Society"

Interesting...probably made for a cool flight. Don't know why he thought that would go 8000' though...but I would expect more than one or two thousand on a long burn small L. At any rate, cool info. I still want one! Oh, any pics or pic links to that flight or the launch in general?

I believe that the motor was a 54mm, as it looked awfull small...I only saw it from a distance...

Little flame, light on the smoke, low thrust and long burn...this motor would do nicely in a 4" airframe like the RDS Quasar.

Originally posted by marvSRG
Their reloadable one is, but they have a new 54mm SU one.

Interesting. The last time I heard about it was a K230 or so. Seems to have turned out a little more potent.

Drag race: K250 vs L330 :D :D

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
Interesting. The last time I heard about it was a K230 or so. Seems to have turned out a little more potent.

Drag race: K250 vs L330 :D :D

I'll do it! Freedom 2005...........

Back