Making cardstock transitions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasck1

Reaction score
I have been building a couple of rockets out of cardstock and THINK I have seen a site somewhere that help get the dimensions of making transitions out of paper or cardstock. It seems like it asked for the two BT diameters and the length of the transition.

I could do the math and figure it out but who wants to work if you don't have to. If anyone knows of this site, I'd appreciate it. Then again, I could have been dreaming.

Another vote for VCP. I used it to build my Vostok which would have been a royal PITA to calculate all the shrouds for by hand.

Thanks guys,
This is exactly what I was looking for. The Template Widget looks like the easiest to use. I think VCP looks great but will take some playing with to really use well. (Don't have time right now) It looks like it does some other cool stuff too.

Again, thanks. I know if I post on TRF I'll always get great info fast.

Originally posted by texasck1
I think VCP looks great but will take some playing with to really use well.

Probably looks a bit more involved than it really is. You don't actually have to do anything other than put in the dimensions and print it. It's the only thing I use VCP for these days.

You can even use the template widget for making nose cones, if you want to do a little math with it to get the length you want.

WW

VCP is eeeaaasy!
all you need to do is enter a few dimensions and print! I have been using for a year or so and it works great - very simple to use.

This is some awsome info. Glad I asked.

Rstaff3,
PowerPoint is my absolutely favorite program. I use it for all of my drawings to print on cardstock. It's easier to perfect the drawing in PP, print, and then just cut the lines than to go trial and error with a ruler and exacto. This is a PERFECT add-in for me. You WIN!

I love TRF!

Back