Maker Faire Detroit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatchy

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few things from our weekend! We have attended the Detroit Maker Faire since it started, but this was our first year as exhibitors. It was a great experience! It was fun talking with lots of people who used to fly rockets when they were younger- you could see their faces light up when they were telling us their memories about launching. One of our favorite things we did was take a Leviathan and have people sign it as they stopped at our booth. We also built a clear rocket model so we could show people how things go together. Make Magazine even tweeted about us! It was a fun weekend and we are already talking about next year!

MakerExpress.jpg995453_10151464059077504_1578723170_n.jpg64410_10151466637327504_592135741_n.jpg

Excellent! Thanks for representing rocketry.

In mid-September I'll be helping out at a Mini Maker Faire in Portland, OR. I'm going to run a "Build and Fly (later)" event. There isn't enough room to fly in downtown Portland, so we'll give participants a coupon good for a motor and advice at one of Oregon Rocketry's fall launches.

lol the minion bottles are a shooting gallery I made for my husband for his nerf gun.

Back