Maintenance Skills....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a master at getting people to use this technique...
"Thank you for calling the Apple Assistance Center... My name is Jim... How may I help you?" ;)

1675072227699.png
percussive maintenance

Last edited:
In Naval aviation we called it "Kinetic Recalibration"! If it still worked after dropping it on the deck, it was a pretty sure bet that it would survive a cat shot and a flight deck recovery!

In the USAF back in the early 90's we had some AT&T UNIX PC's that had a problem with the hard-drives they called "stiction". According to the Technical Order regarding the fix of this issue, you where to "lift the right front edge of the machine approximately 6" and drop it". Worked every time lol.

Stare down the cantankerous item in question, lay a five-pound hammer close by. Tap item gently with the hammer to ensure that it knows what's coming. Keep the hammer close by the item at all times.

You've gotta strike fear into vicious objects, else they'll continue to misbehave.
:)

It certainly can also do harm as having a loose circuit card in a socket could be Jarred loose if the case is hit in the wrong direction

Back