mailing restrictions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1400

Reaction score
I've got three 24x40 reload packs that I think I might just sell but I am wondering if there are restrictions on these motors. I have a 3-pack of each:

D9-4W
E11-3J(4)
E28-4T(2)

Is there anything I should knoew before I send these through the mail or UPS? I don't know if these warrant HazMat fees or not. Just as good would be if anyone knows where I would be able to find out myself, preferably a website. Thanks for any help.

Peace,

Mike

hey mt,
if you want to sell them let me know, I'd like to buy the E28's

According to the paper I can't send anything with more than 30g propellant and all these packages have more than that each. I don't think I'm gonna split up motor packs just to mail them either.

Peace:(

Mike

Thats 30g propellant per cartridge. So you can ship the reload packs as is. That is how I have all my small reloads shipped, parcel post. No Haz Mat :D

It is my understanding that the exemption that allows manufacturers and distributors to ship the motors under 30gm without Hazmat does not apply to individuals. Just because you receive them this way does not mean you can ship them.

Just double checked the pdf on the NAR site and this is what it says also.

So I need a letter of authorization from the manager of mail preparations and standards. Then I can send it parcel post. That's nice:rolleyes: I'll see what I can do. You guys don't mind waiting for the motors do you?

Peace:cool:

Mike

It will be interesting to see how difficult it is for an individual to get a letter. Keep us posted.

Back