Magnum and I-ROC Painted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Painted_Magnum_I-ROC.jpg

Finally finsihed the glassing of my Magnum :). Today, I applied the last of the paint to the Magnum. You can see I also painted my I-ROC at the same time :). Now all I need to do is put the vynal on them. The Magnum needs a little work to get the parts back together, and I need to rebuild the alt bay. I am going to reinstall the timer on a later date... I don't need the timer on the 2nd.

The I-ROC will fly on a H180 on the second :). I plan to install a timer bay in the nosecone, but I am not sure I will get around to that in time for the second... maybe I'll do that for the Oct 23rd launch :)

came out great!
nice looking rockets, get launch pics!
:)

THose look awesome, Doug! Can't wait to hear the launch reports!

Loopy

Looking really good, Doug! Now it's time for some serious clusters:D

Great paint job, can't wait to see some launch pics.
There will be launch pics, right?

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but "it's about time!" :p :eek: They look great Doug. That Magnum seems to be one of the prides in your fleet. It'll be great to see if fly in its colors the next time around. Nice work. Great scheme.

Originally posted by missileman
Great paint job, can't wait to see some launch pics.
There will be launch pics, right?

Of course :). Plenty of PICS. And Videos too :). Don't want to disapoint anybody ;). Especially my new friend :D.

First Flight Painted... AMW J357 WW with DUAL G64's :D. All ground started :D.

Great looking Magnum there Doug. Borrowing from EMRR's proverb contest, you must realize that the probability of a mishap is inversely proportional to the quality of the paint job! Take this like the 'break a leg' saying :)

Originally posted by rstaff3
Great looking Magnum there Doug. Borrowing from EMRR's proverb contest, you must realize that the probability of a mishap is inversely proportional to the quality of the paint job! Take this like the 'break a leg' saying :)

That is why you don't want a *perfect* paint job :). There are a couple boobo's that had to be touched up... Also... since this rocket is not a virgin... I think it will be refused as a sacrifise :D.

I-ROC_and_Magnum_With_Vynal.jpg

Here we have two rocket.... The one on the right has a BIG Attitude problem! He wants the world to know that he is not only a Magnum... but He's THEE MAGNUM!!!. I can't wait till I finish the new alt bay so I can put the whole thing back together!

There is a story behind the I-ROC's name. I was finishing masking the fin can of THE MAGNUM and started working on masking the I-ROC, when Yulya logged onto yahoo. It was about 3:30 pm for me... 1:30 am for her. I have not chat for her since the third, and she has sent me only one e-mail since then... she has very poor phone and internet service... so she has been having trouble connecting... the only time she can connect is late in the evening... like yesterday. She is leaving for school the next day, and wanted to connect to talk to me before she left...

(yulya is not her real screen name)

yulya (3:26:55 PM): hello!!!
n3tjm (3:26:57 PM): hello
n3tjm (3:27:01 PM): !!
yulya (3:27:17 PM): I am glad to see you
yulya (3:27:24 PM): I am here because of you
(virtual hugs and crying)
n3tjm (3:27:43 PM): I see you missed me
yulya (3:27:45 PM): tomorrow I am leaving for Kyrg
yulya (3:27:53 PM): yeah you are right
n3tjm (3:28:12 PM): Have a safe trip ...

We chat for two hours, and then I had to go :(. From that moment; I decided what I was going to call my I-ROC.

Dude, that's nice. Real nice!!! As I mentioned to you you before...it's going to look so sweet on all that bright white exhaust!!!!!!

Finished_Magnum_On_Ceiling.jpg

Found a perfect place to store THE MAGNUM!!:D. That Future works great ;). Going to install the recovery system tonight :). You can not see it, but the I-ROC and Super Glotova are also on my ceiling.

Ahh...nothing brightens a room more than a 5.5" LOC kit hanging from the ceiling..... Nice, Doug, nice.

Back