• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Magnetic Apogee Detector ( magnet 4 ) version 4 ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
Looking for a Magnetic Apogee Detector that has " Magnetic 4 " written on the circuit board

Does not half to be working but the board MUST be intact

I can make my own board but can not do the "through hole soldering " like the original board has

here is an image of the board front and back

MAD board 4.jpg

Last edited:
I have one that is 'Magnet 6', Haven't used it for years, board works (or did last time I used it).

Looks like the board you show.

Work for you?

Mike K

I don't think I have any documentation any more..

Send me your address and we will figure something out.

Mike K

I don't think I have any documentation any more..

Send me your address and we will figure something out.

Mike K

I suspect the operation would be the same. I find the green LED acts as a continuity indicator. You have to remember that one cannot tip the rocket over with the device turned on and connected to live charges. Yeah, that's elementary but in the
heat of a launch one can easily forget. I haven't had a mishap in 10 years with this type of device but am always on my toes when flying it. Too bad they aren't available as they are basic and reliable. I shorted one out with home made
ematches and have no problems with commercial ones. Kurt

Back