• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mag Turnings, 4lbs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got 4 lbs of mag turnings from Skylighter and I don't want them anywhere near me. I don't even know how to properly dispose. They may be screenable but the turnings themselves have no place in rocketry as far as I know. You just pay shipping and I'll send. This may not even be shippable, idk and have not looked. I'm not hazmat certified and idk if I would have to be to ship. Figured I'd see if anyone could make use of them for free. I would also be happy to bring to MDRA.

Probably more use in a fireworks than rocketry. Some people do a little of both, so you may get some local interest.

If you are saying that you have Magnesium turnings, I want them. They are shippable according to people who I have bought them from in the past. I am not sure how big the pile is, but if you can put it in plastic bag(s) and get it into "if it fits it ships" box from the post office that would probably be the cheapest. I use them for making fire starters for camping.

Yeah, Bringing them for a face to face sale is likely the best way to handle it. The best way to get Mg for research reasons is to purchase the required mesh and stay away from the ultrafine 1000 mesh stuff. A cool dry place in a plastic waterproof container is the
best way to store Mg up off the floor in case there is a flood. Kurt

If you are saying that you have Magnesium turnings, I want them. They are shippable according to people who I have bought them from in the past. I am not sure how big the pile is, but if you can put it in plastic bag(s) and get it into "if it fits it ships" box from the post office that would probably be the cheapest. I use them for making fire starters for camping.

T, I checked Skylighter for shipping and it's $15 from Virginia to nj. Idk what it may be to you and if it would be the same rate as Skylighter shows. I can take it to usps and pack in smallest possible, tell them what it is, and ship it and then you can send me the amount via pp. What's the max you want me to spend on shipping, if it's more I won't ship it.

Last edited:
T, I checked Skylighter for shipping and it's $15 from Virginia to nj. Idk what it may be to you and if it would be the same rate as Skylighter shows. I can take it to usps and pack in smallest possible, tell them what it is, and ship it and then you can send me the amount via pp. What's the max you want me to spend on shipping, if it's more I won't ship it.

PM sent. My apologies Dan, I called you Danny in the PM..

No worries T, I go by all of the above. My paralegal just left with it for the post office. Cross your fingers!

Back