Madcow - Torrent (#07231) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

bseiger

Reaction score
Mad Cow Torrent - July 28th, 2012 on an H125 C.
I had a camera inside the rocket because I didn't want to risk a mishap caused by a camera strapped to the side. Unfortunately, the camera shut off when the ejection charge fired.
I plan to Level 2 on the same rocket soon.
View attachment 97229

Post Copied Within Gallery

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Very unique paint job. How did you do it?

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Madcow Torrent (#07231) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Madcow Torrent (#07231) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Madcow: Torrent: #07231

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:

JAL3

Reaction score
Madcow Torrent (#07231) Basic Information.

Madcow Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Torrent Also known as:

NUMBER: #07231

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 57.00" (144.78 cm)
Diameter: 4.00" (10.16 cm)
Span:
Weight: 63.60 oz (1803.03 g)

Mfg. Description: The MadCow Torrent is a versatile high-power rocket. It is simple and robust enough to use on a L-1 certification attempt, but can also be set up for dual-deployment. Because of that, the Torrent is one of the most popular kits that people use for getting into high-power rocketry.

The nice thing that you'll like about this rocket is that it uses traditional rocketry components that you are already very familiar with, like: heavy walled paper tubes, plywood fins, plastic nose cones. So it isn't going to be a leap in technology to go from a small rocket to high power when you get this vehicle.

For people that are going for a Level-1 certification, we recommend just removing the smaller parachute from the rocket, and flying it using motor ejection only. That basically makes this a rocket like you are used to when flying Estes-style model rockets. Simple is good!

When you are ready for something a little more complicated, the kit comes with an ebay as a standard feature. Just load in your favorite dual-deployment electronics, and this rocket is ready to reward you with a really outstanding flight. (Apogee 2013 Web Ad)

Editorial Note: The Torrent is manufactured by Madcow but sold exclusively through Apogee Components. It ships with instructions for the Madcow Super DX-3

Advertising Liveries

2012 Apogee Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Ezshrkman

Reaction score
here are a few pics of my torrent =)

rocket.jpg
rocket-5.jpg

And a couple Videos

I love this rocket SO MUCH!

[video=youtube;k6aXFH-Wp9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aXFH-Wp9o[/video]

[video=youtube;mdc0DstXVpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdc0DstXVpE[/video]

[video=youtube;Mqf7OgED2Lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqf7OgED2Lo[/video]