Madcow "Level-2" Build, 4" Fiberglass Airframe w/54mm Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Nytrunner stated above, I have some fin flutter limits I'm reaching. I still have to lengthen the booster and payload to cram a Loki M1378LR in for the fun of things. Before that I will be Kevlar carbon clothing the fins (2 layups) after chemically removing the paint. Should be able to handle the velocity. Just cleared the l3 hurdle so looking to refine a few skills.

Grats on your nice flights! I still haven't launched my Level-2 Rocket with the L1000W.

I was thinking that perhaps the fins aren't fluttering, but rather could a shock and/or significant turbulence be forming near the camera causing it to shake at transonic speeds? A vibrating/shaking camera could make things look distorted in the video... just a thought.

Grats on your nice flights! I still haven't launched my Level-2 Rocket with the L1000W.

I was thinking that perhaps the fins aren't fluttering, but rather could a shock and/or significant turbulence be forming near the camera causing it to shake at transonic speeds? A vibrating/shaking camera could make things look distorted in the video... just a thought.

Thanks Kevin.
I thought about that as well. I guess I would need a comparison video of camera wiggle vs. fin flutter. The fins are not loose after the flight. Perhaps I should fly the L1000W again using my new mobius and 4" shroud and double check results. The 1st flight was using an 838 camera with a clear plastic apogee shroud.

Back