Madcow 5" Terminator Question(s)

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I wished I had purchased the Terminator when Rocketry Warehouse introduced them at $229 a couple years ago. Now that Madcow has control of all of the Rocketry Warehouse inventory, has anyone purchased the Terminator? I'm looking at a kit to build for a 75mm motor, that is bigger than 4" but smaller than 6" diameter.

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I built one a couple of years ago for my L3 project, and I'm about to start my second one.

I obviously like the design, and hope to get it right the second time! :)

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Terminator sitting in the shopping cart at Madcow, but I have not hit the send button yet. I am also considering the Performer 125 from Performance Hobbies, just not ready to commit yet.

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of possible advantages of the Terminator: No need to paint (if that matters to you), and $5 shipping. The Performer 125 does look interesting.

(My avatar is my first one...)

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Performance Performer 125 I don't think I have seen that one?

There are a couple pics of the Perfomer 150 on the Performance Hobbies website, but not the 125.

A couple of possible advantages of the Terminator: No need to paint (if that matters to you), and $5 shipping. The Performer 125 does look interesting.

(My avatar is my first one...)

I would probably paint mine, but it depends on how clean I make the build.

crossfire

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There are a couple pics of the Perfomer 150 on the Performance Hobbies website, but not the 125.

I would probably paint mine, but it depends on how clean I make the build.

I looked at the Performance site and found the 125. I would think they look the same just scaled up or down. I kind of like the 5" MC Blue Iguana.

Thorfire

Reaction score
I built a Terminator for my Level 3. Even though it says no paint nessasary, I recomend at least sanding and clear coating the nose cone. https://flic.kr/s/aHskGEVhQu
For the Blue Iguana, aeropac does make 98mm to 75mm motor adapters.... Wildman has a deal on a 6" kit with a M2500 and case too... Unless you already have a case, you'll likely save money on the M2500 package.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations; I looked long and hard at the Blue Iguana, even pondered doing a 98mm hybrid for it, but ultimately decided my skill level still needs improvement at the75mm level. I do have a motor ordered already, I ordered a 6-grain 76mm through Fisher Research Hardware (Binder Design). Now I am trying to get a vehicle to fly it in. I considered rejuvenating my retired L3 rocket, but a starting weight of 45lbs has its limitations...

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking about centering the lower fins. Does this diagram help?

T_Basic.jpg

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

Worsaer

Amateur Propulsionist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In the photo, (A) one of these is a switch band. The other is a short coupler that goes between the body tube and the boat tail.
(B) is a centering ring for the aft end of the motor tube, also in the boat tail.

Terminator%202.jpg

crossfire

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks to be the green and black colors are now standard. In honor of the Terminator endoskeleton, I would love to paint my rocket with this paint:

[video=youtube;GY0iNcApC8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0iNcApC8s[/video]