Madcow 4" Batray question/input

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noffie79

Reaction score
My girlfriend is building a Batray for her L1. I bought her a really nice OBH harness for it, but I've noticed that if she were to glue both ends of the coupler, we wouldn't be able to reach down into the rocket to remove the harness of it needs washed or replaced. Does anyone see anything wrong with gluing the aft end of the coupler inside the BT, but using rivets on the forward end, essentially making the forward section of BT removable?

There would be no issue in theory. But, keep in mind deployment. My wife has a 4" Batray. It's her L2 kit. She didn't glue the coupler in. We turned the coupler into an a/v bay.

Then she lost it in the woods. It sat there for 6 months. Came come finally. And now I'm in the process of advising her on how to repair a couple of issue it now has. Should be airborne again next month. That is assuming she doesn't demand a repaint before it flies.

There would be no issue in theory. But, keep in mind deployment. My wife has a 4" Batray. It's her L2 kit. She didn't glue the coupler in. We turned the coupler into an a/v bay.

Then she lost it in the woods. It sat there for 6 months. Came come finally. And now I'm in the process of advising her on how to repair a couple of issue it now has. Should be airborne again next month. That is assuming she doesn't demand a repaint before it flies.

We'll be using the Jolly Logic Chute Release on this. I considered building an av bay, but she has no interest in going to L2, ever, and she already knows how to use the JLCR. So I think some rivets and Jolly Logic it will be.

Latest posts

Back