machine screw size for Wildman conformal rail guides?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy D. Jones

Reaction score
Anyone know what size machine screws are intended to be used with the Wildman conformal rail guides?

I asked a while back and didn't get a reply, so maybe someone here knows?

I mean these:

Wildman conformal rail guides_bigger.jpg

Glue is generally not good structurally when used like a pin. This is an unusual arrangement. Any experience with it? How well does it stay attached? How well does it stay attached under shock (shear) load, and under torque? Or are these just for lightweight lower power rockets?

Gerald

Glue is generally not good structurally when used like a pin. This is an unusual arrangement. Any experience with it? How well does it stay attached? How well does it stay attached under shock (shear) load, and under torque? Or are these just for lightweight lower power rockets?

Gerald
So attach it with glue, drill through the hole into the airframe and insert an epoxy coated dowel pin, should be plenty strong then.

They look to be 3D printed and from personal experience 3D printed guides can fail along the layer lines easier than I like. But not all 3D printed products and materials are the same, so I would assume Tim knows his product.

Back