Mach7's models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitruvius

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Mark. I was admiring (read "drooling" over) Your models over on the MML thread and I was wondering, any pictures of Your "Leif Ericson" model? Also, is Your "Flash Gordon" model an original Revell issue or one of the more expensive "Atlantis" kits. What caught my eye about it IS the red spacesuit and the "Martian" landscape . I'd have never thought that the red would work so well for it!
Cheers my Friend

Thanks Vitruvius.

The Leif is the R2 re-release of the UFO mystery ship from the mid 2000's I converted with lighting and after market decals. The joke was on me, the next year they re-released the lief. I have that kit in my stash.

0trVaPxh.jpg

2k0KxPdh.jpg

The Flash Gordon is the Atlantis re-release from a few years ago. I don't usually build figures, I built it for a group build. I wanted to build it as a 50's era comic book, hence the bright red suit with silver, the yellow hair and bright green Martian.

Fgij2wfh.jpg

The Mercury capsule is 1/12 scale. It's a beautiful kit with sparse detail in places. I ended up scratch building much of the interior along with the parachute area.

ytYeQkBh.jpg

fNuQydNh.jpg

hqSSpevh.jpg

iQjrOA1h.jpg

3gESBiah.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in 2 of my other hobbies, Plastic models and TV prop reproductions, I'll post some photo's here. If it strays too far from rockets I can remove them.

22 inch Space 1999 eagle:
Ha0Q5wPh.jpg

The old Space 1999 kits and moon buggy, stungun and commlock:

0gFWmAFh.jpg

My Star Trek TOS (mostly) prop collection. Sadly none are screen used.

CjA3rtmh.jpg

lYTxsUbh.jpg

9hraCiKh.jpg

zN2hGJPh.jpg

Q5Fon60h.jpg

Thanks! It's a obsession, probably bordering on unhealthy.

It took years to accumulate. But I like it. I still have a few phasers to build along with another communicator and tricorder.

I'm on the pre-order for The Wand Co Tricorder also.

@mach7 , Amazingly AWESOME, Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am building my re-released Leif Ericsson in the paint scheme of Silver w/ the white underside per the old B-52 scheme naming it the "U.S.S. Terry L. Hornsey after my late Close Friend of the same name who used a gold painted one for our fan movies back in the late 60s and early 70s.
Might I suggest that the discussions of Your non-flying rocket models go to "The Watering Hole" Forum here? I for one would love to have a place to discuss Your models and props. As far as "Flash Gordon", I wish that there was a way to redo his bubble helmet in one piece. I do so love Your version of "Flash" and all of Your models and props! Cheers!

Thanks!

Vitruvius, when I built mine there was someone who was selling blown glass helmets with no seam. I kind of wanted to build him stock. For being such an old kit, it's nice.

Great idea for your Leif paint! I would love to photo's of your build!

SCooke123,

Thanks, but I'm running out of space!

Thank You! I'd love to find out who was selling the blown glass helmets, because other than the two piece helmet, it IS a darned nice kit. The price is a bit stiff though. When I first bought the kit, it was $1.00!!!!!!

I forgot to post this one:

iDVgaxNh.jpg

I call it "Early week" Its a USAF Pilot training diorama, Williams AFB in the mid '80s.

It's a 1/72 T-37 a 1/48 T-38 and a '80s 1/48 ground crew/equipment on a simple diorama with patches from
class 85-01.

I'll see if I can dig up the name of the guy selling the helmets.

TOS Away team:

eL9LvXWh.jpg

Marco tricorder
Fiberglass phaser
John Long communicator

For my Klingon away team:

y8EOK2sh.jpg

Last edited:
Trying (not succeeding) for a forced perspective. My highly modified old 1/72 MPC eagle with the new 22 inch kit.

F28Luy9h.jpg

A few kits no theme:

7OaWDFgh.jpg

Wow!!!!!Love them all! I think that Your Space 1999 diorama to be VERY well done! I'm especially impressed by Your builds on everything! I look forward to hearing who sells the bubble helmets. Thanks!
\

Other than Maya and the running gag about Verdeshi's Beer making attempts, 2nd season left a lot to be desired. The two stars went from being the "unemotional plastic people" in the first season to 2nd season's "overly emotional plastic people". I'm NOT referring to Ziennia Merton or the actor who played 'Alan Carter' or any of the other stars. STILL...it was better than a lot of the other material on TV, in my opinion.

It was a truly awful show but I loved the atomic powered Flying Sub on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. If they had kept the show original to it's early Cold War plots and kicked Irwin Allen to the curb, it would have been a classic. IA put in the lobster aliens and the ghost of Blackbeard along with the constant showers of sparks : (

I recently watched an old episode of Space 1999 from season 2..... it didn't age well, and was more of a comedy for my family than an action drama. Not as bad as UFO, but nothing has ever been as bad as UFO

I just finished re-watching the entire series of UFO on YouTube and seriously, it wasn't half bad. Dreadful acting, but the plots were good for their time.

I love UFO! I have a kit of the interceptor in my stash to build.

Space 1999 season 1 had a few not to bad episodes plot wise. Season 2 is almost unwatchable. Visually the show was outstanding and the eagle is a very good design, if you can find where the fuel would go.

The writing on both seasons Space is the weakness. according to the book "Destination Moonbase Alpha" many of the episodes went from idea to shooting script in 1 week. Star Trek TOS would take months to bring a story to final shooting script.

Here’s me with my Eagle One about 1978, around the same time I got my first rocket.

D718D273-C285-483A-99CF-B783659FF8CB.jpeg

I found this on FB.

BA24E8AE-2A3F-4F36-A8A5-D6221FAE8B57.jpeg

l have a security guard client who has about 30 die cast Eagle Ones in his office, about 6 inches and in different colors. He said they’re about $500 each.

I am drooling over the 22 inch eagle . Is the frame metal or plastic ?

The 22 inch is the plastic kit that MPC released a few years ago. It's still available for around $150. It has springs in its landing gear and is accurate to the 1st 44 inch filming model. It's a VERY nice kit!

Static. It's kind of an rare kit to do a PMC to.

I do have a Vac Former and have toyed with the idea of making copies of the main body and building a BT-20/50 based flyer. It looks like it could be done.

Hmm, now you have me thinking. NEVER a good idea.

Static. It's kind of an rare kit to do a PMC to.

I do have a Vac Former and have toyed with the idea of making copies of the main body and building a BT-20/50 based flyer. It looks like it could be done.

Hmm, now you have me thinking. NEVER a good idea.

I think it's a great idea!

Double dog dare ya!

Hi Mach7,
Fantastic collection you have there. It brings back so many childhood memories. Thanks for sharing.

Back