MACH1 MPR Fiberglass Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractionengines

Jack of all trades, Master of... (oh never mind)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished up these 2.

1st is an
OLD Mach1 RIM-66 in BT-55 size with 24mm motor mount. (No longer made in this size.) I remember seeing a photo of a SM2 (standard missle 2) on a launcher with a paint scheme along these lines. Orange between fins, and kind of elaborate roll pattern.
20220628_232628.jpg
20220628_232651.jpg

2nd is a Trivecta 318. This is BT-60 large tubes, with (3) 18mm motor tubes.
20220629_092330.jpg

Hope to fly them this weekend.

I have built the Trivecta 318, but have yet to fly it. Of course the 324 is calling too. I hope your flights go well. I have really enjoyed building these small fiberglass rockets.

Last edited:
I'd like to make one and use your scheme Traction, if you don't mind.
"Have at it".... you found the original photo I had in my head.

I liked that it was still based on an "original" paint scheme, but was not just white with some black markings. So many missiles are shown as B/W or Gray in real use.

Here is Ian's FB post... just to confirm what was posted.
Screenshot_20220717-143601_Facebook.jpg

I wish Ian and Mach1 the best as they part ways. Ian has been a great face of the company; and I really like the products.

Got a few minutes yesterday to get some paint done. The BT-55 Devil-Ray was first. The Red from the vinyl stripe clashes a little more than I expected with my Red paint. Couldn't tell untill after I removed the transfer film from the decals. It's OK from 10ft away, just not up close.

Oh well. I build them to FLY, so it's good enough at this point.

20230428_095118.jpg

( Rain "off and on" for the next 7-10 days... so paint shop is closed, and back to work. )

Very nice! I recently finished painting a BT60 Black Hole, and can't wait to get that thing in the air! I love my Mach 1 kits (only two so far, but there will be more in the future).

Back