Mach1 Closed till Mid Feb. Open orders?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractionengines

Jack of all trades, Master of... (oh never mind)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
See screenshot...they are saying Closed till Mid February...I know there are a lot of people waiting for open orders. (Including myself) Does anyone know if open orders will ship during this time? Or is everything on hold? Or will they cancel and refund? Or ...????

I don't mind waiting, I just would like to know if they have a idea going forward.
Screenshot_20210116-120348_Chrome.jpg

Ok......this is getting ridiculous. Can’t get any answers out of them, and then this? Closed to play catch up? Closed for....??? Comms are definitely LACKING. Ordered four “in stock” kits Nov 15......nada yet.........maybe their in stock means something different.

Ok......this is getting ridiculous. Can’t get any answers out of them, and then this? Closed to play catch up? Closed for....??? Comms are definitely LACKING. Ordered four “in stock” kits Nov 15......nada yet.........maybe their in stock means something different.
I just talked to Ronald Dunn from Mach1. All open orders will be filled. They are getting orders packed up today. He agrees better customer communication would help their customers. Mach1 sale did so well they are doing there best to get open orders filled. We all just need to remember our rocketry manufactures are a small operation for the most part. Just be patient you will get your kits.

He agrees better customer communication would help their customers. Mach1 sale did so well they are doing there best to get open orders filled. We all just need to remember our rocketry manufactures are a small operation for the most part.
Instead of a baffling message on the website saying "closed until Mid-February", put up a message saying what you just said: they're swamped, and are going to focus on getting out existing orders before taking new ones.

I don't get why this sort of thing is always so difficult.

Guys, public affairs types of announcements are not always so easy. Take a deep breath and relax. It is amazing how a simple message can be misconstrued.

I just talked to Ronald Dunn from Mach1. All open orders will be filled. They are getting orders packed up today. He agrees better customer communication would help their customers. Mach1 sale did so well they are doing there best to get open orders filled. We all just need to remember our rocketry manufactures are a small operation for the most part. Just be patient you will get your kits.

That’s great and all, and I’m glad they did that well.......but GEEEEEEZ......

Would be different if they did the “pay when packed for shipping” option similar to CW.

BTW, how did you get a response?? Sent a message to Mr. Dunn two days ago, and haven’t heard a word. He seemed to be the TRF spokesman on various threads.

Customer service is a learned skill; some people never learn it or maybe just don't bother with it. If they are swamped, then many people seem to be pleased with their products and service - at least for now.

I don't know how many times it needs to be said to vendors, but most customers prefer bad news to no news.

"Crossfire" THANK YOU for checking and responding so quick. Since you had a channel. I don't mind waiting, knowing the quality of their kits. I just wanted to know what the plan was.

Back