Mach Diamonds =advanced=

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by MattEx
Nice microhybrid! Was the idea of the lighter fluid to make it run like a biprop for a little while of the burn :) ? You can easily see the transition of it anyway.

yes thats the idea!!!

next time I`ll try Polyamid with Aceton or Methanol, maybe Wax or water could be used to produce some "smoke". I already tried a grain which had the half line filled with epoxy and the rest with wax, the wax didnt burn but after burnout there was really much smoke.

cheers,
roman

Roman,
You do some good work. Do you have any idea about how much thrust there motors produce?
Reed

Sweet! That looks like a biprop, for sure. The fact that it's fuel rich makes it better with the afterburning in the exhaust :) .

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I dont own a teststand so I cant say anything about the thrust... but maybe one time I m gonna have one
:D

Next time I`ll try Methanol or Aceton and the core of the PVC grain will be only 5mm so the holes which are filled can be 4 or 5 mm in diameter...

I hope I can get F impulse out of the Microhybrid, D impulse with Papergrain, E with PVC or HTPB and F with PVC/biprop, that would be great...

with best regards,
Roman

Back