Mach 1 lack of return email/messages

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does 'in stock' mean in that case? They have the individual components available to create a kit?

I guess so, or enough lengths of the required tubing to cut? Which could be confusing to the inventory tracker for kits that use similar diameters and lengths of tube.....

What does 'in stock' mean in that case? They have the individual components available to create a kit?

Yes. It means they have the parts to make it. Tubing, fin stock, nose cone, etc.... but to make sure that each kit is built to perfection they dry fit every part after cutting, slotting, making every piece a good fit so you don't have to. I can tell you from years past I used to get kits from manufacturer and I still had to sand the ends of the tubes to get square fit. Sand the bulkplates and centering rings to fit the tubes. Heck even fix slots and more. Theirs you never have to do that.

Yes. It means they have the parts to make it. Tubing, fin stock, nose cone, etc.... but to make sure that each kit is built to perfection they dry fit every part after cutting, slotting, making every piece a good fit so you don't have to. I can tell you from years past I used to get kits from manufacturer and I still had to sand the ends of the tubes to get square fit. Sand the bulkplates and centering rings to fit the tubes. Heck even fix slots and more. Theirs you never have to do that.
Sounds good. I have ordered from them in the past and been very pleased with the quality of the kits. Was just trying to clarify the 'in stock' concept when the kit didn't exist (at least not in kit form).

Knowing that they basically are currently not open and taking new orders so they can get their backlog out helps. And yes. They do acknowledge better communication. Right this second I wouldn't expect a ton of that because they are working real jobs then working to get all the rocket orders handled. And that's taking alot if their time.

They've shut down before to catch up with orders. The situation isn't ideal but it's better than some of the alternatives for sure.

Interesting approach. At least they recognized they were overwhelmed and shut down to catch up, rather than exacerbating the problem.

If someone speaks to them again, it might be a good idea for them to update the website with something indicating why they shut down.

Interesting approach. At least they recognized they were overwhelmed and shut down to catch up, rather than exacerbating the problem.

If someone speaks to them again, it might be a good idea for them to update the website with something indicating why they shut down.
I think their site says shut down untill mud Feb.
With the quality of there kits it's just not a matter of grabbing parts from a parts bin and bagging them up.

Well looks like there is more to it than I was told about. Mach1 is changing ownerships.

I know Ian and he will be good for this but feel a little deceived in the process of this with the Current ownership. now I have growing concern.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-205807_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-205807_Chrome.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 25
Well looks like there is more to it than I was told about. Mach1 is changing ownerships.

I know Ian and he will be good for this but feel a little deceived in the process of this with the Current ownership. now I have growing concern.

Conway, I don't want you to feel deceived. No one was trying to do that while many moving parts of ownership transfer takes place. I hope you understand.

In short, Mach 1 is moving ownership to myself and partner. Orders are actively being fulfilled. The reason new orders are shut down is to ensure all current and open orders can be fulfilled before the business relocates out west.

Know this, I run Badass Rocketry and am very familiar the the industry, vendors, and the great community. Mach 1 is know for having extremely high quality kits. That will continue. My business partner is hyper focused on customer care and experience with the company. A lot of the concerns you have will be worked on starting today.

Conway, I don't want you to feel deceived. No one was trying to do that while many moving parts of ownership transfer takes place. I hope you understand.

In short, Mach 1 is moving ownership to myself and partner. Orders are actively being fulfilled. The reason new orders are shut down is to ensure all current and open orders can be fulfilled before the business relocates out west.

Know this, I run Badass Rocketry and am very familiar the the industry, vendors, and the great community. Mach 1 is know for having extremely high quality kits. That will continue. My business partner is hyper focused on customer care and experience with the company. A lot of the concerns you have will be worked on starting today.

Ian, I totally trust you any time. YOU have always treated me right. I'm crazy excited for you guys and glad this is going down. I apologize for my attitude about it. I hope my post doesn't come off wrong. Just a little concerned as I placed an order at the beginning of November for several hundred $$$ and have had zero contact untill I chased it down only to find out my order was lost, hasn't been filled all my emails ignored. It's just not been the best experience. I don't expect any of that with you guys owning it as I know better. Just frustrated. My apologies.

Ian, I totally trust you any time. YOU have always treated me right. I'm crazy excited for you guys and glad this is going down. I apologize for my attitude about it. I hope my post doesn't come off wrong. Just a little concerned as I placed an order at the beginning of November for several hundred $$$ and have had zero contact untill I chased it down only to find out my order was lost, hasn't been filled all my emails ignored. It's just not been the best experience. I don't expect any of that with you guys owning it as I know better. Just frustrated. My apologies.

Yeah, I totally understand your frustration. Know that we have spent many many many hours discussing customer service, fulfillment, and communication. It will be an ongoing TOP priority.

Yeah, I totally understand your frustration. Know that we have spent many many many hours discussing customer service, fulfillment, and communication. It will be an ongoing TOP priority.

Ian you guys have my total support! Congrats and I look forward to more stuff from you guys. And yes you can count on me being a long time customer. Thank you

Ian,

The reason new orders are shut down is to ensure all current and open orders can be fulfilled before the business relocates out west.
I did just received your e-mail. But am unsure how to understand it. Can you please clarify. Is the plan to catch up on orders before the move, (or) have as many as possible been done, and orders still open will be processed after the move to LV.
The e-mail could be read both ways. Thank you and best of luck with your new endeavor.

Last edited:
Ian,

I did just received your e-mail. But am unsure how to understand it. Can you please clarify. Is the plan to catch up on orders before the move, (or) have as many as possible been done, and orders still open will be processed after the move to LV.
The e-mail could be read both ways. Thank you and best of luck with your new endeavor.
Sure, orders are being fulfilled as fast as possible before the move out west. It is the goal to get all of them out the door before then. If, for any reason, an open order cannot be fulfilled, you will receive an email with next steps and options.

Ian, I looked at Bad Ass Rocketry, I did not see a store. did I miss it? Will you be keeping all of the Mach 1's line available? I use a lot of Steve's parts for building. Any idea when orders can be placed again? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to doing business with you. Dave.
And good luck.

Ian, I looked at Bad Ass Rocketry, I did not see a store. did I miss it? Will you be keeping all of the Mach 1's line available? I use a lot of Steve's parts for building. Any idea when orders can be placed again? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to doing business with you. Dave.
And good luck.
Here is a direct link to the Badass Shop.
https://www.badassrocketry.com/shop
We will reopen with the same lineup. Orders can be placed again March 1. We have to drive the business out west and set up shop after we do that. That process will start Feb 6. We plan on being in Vegas Feb 12. It will take a couple weeks to set up, make sure things are working, then we can open up again.

Thank you for the support. I look forward to supporting your builds in the future.

Here is a direct link to the Badass Shop.
https://www.badassrocketry.com/shop
We will reopen with the same lineup. Orders can be placed again March 1. We have to drive the business out west and set up shop after we do that. That process will start Feb 6. We plan on being in Vegas Feb 12. It will take a couple weeks to set up, make sure things are working, then we can open up again.

Thank you for the support. I look forward to supporting your builds in the future.
Congratulations Ian
I wish you all the best. Mach 1 is known for their high quality kits.
Take care

>>>------>

I have nothing but good things to say about Ian and the way he runs Badass Rocketry. He has always responded within a reasonable amount of time with courteous and thorough messages.

Innovative products, fast shipping, and great customer service.

I foresee great improvements with Mach 1 after the transition.

Zeke

That is great news! Steve & company have done a great job building an incredible product line and we will certainly miss them but hopefully they will have some more time to fly now.

Ian is a great asset to the hobby and we've loved working with him so far. I have no doubt Mach1 is in good hands and will continue to grow. Looking forward to see some new kits soon!

Guys, just a note about small business acquisition. In cases where merge docs (think big business/publicly held) are required, they are partially public knowledge, so people know about it. In small businesses generally the merge or purchase is between very few people and they don't want to disrupt the business before or after the change (unless you have a snake in the woodpile). Most small businesses don't do well with disruption.
I am sure that everyone has their own opinion, but if quality doesn't decline and customer service is great, I personally have no objections to the sale. I've purchased and built Mach1 products so I have a point of reference. If quality or service declines customers will vote with their dollars. Have a great day all. :)

Ian, since you also do printed bays and stuff, will there be an option to include one in a kit if it needs one? I know Steven and Ronald have been using SMT and I have one of those but it's very clunky and heavy, very nice but heavy.

Ian, since you also do printed bays and stuff, will there be an option to include one in a kit if it needs one? I know Steven and Ronald have been using SMT and I have one of those but it's very clunky and heavy, very nice but heavy.

I already do bays yes, check out the Badass Website and look for the Multi Bay. Way easier than what’s out there.

I have one of Ians Multi Bays. The largest one he currently offers and its very awesome!!! dual deply and redundant on that particular one

Back