Mach 1 lack of return email/messages

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a couple decent sized min diameter kits a week ago. Sent emails and messages back then asking about our of stock items not part of these 2 kits but wanted to find out when they would be available as well as just general questions on some of the products. Have messaged on FB twice and showed they saw the message. Emailed last week and then again this week. Still no responses. Ordered and tried to contact as saw some discounts posted on FB sales on TRA page. Anyone else not getting responses from them?

I ordered a couple decent sized min diameter kits a week ago. Sent emails and messages back then asking about our of stock items not part of these 2 kits but wanted to find out when they would be available as well as just general questions on some of the products. Have messaged on FB twice and showed they saw the message. Emailed last week and then again this week. Still no responses. Ordered and tried to contact as saw some discounts posted on FB sales on TRA page. Anyone else not getting responses from them?
Someone saw on Facebook he was going through some stuff. I had the same issue last month. Took about a month to get my order. He finally got back to me after three weeks or so. That being said it’s an awesome kit and was worth the wait.

Someone saw on Facebook he was going through some stuff. I had the same issue last month. Took about a month to get my order. He finally got back to me after three weeks or so. That being said it’s an awesome kit and was worth the wait.

I'm cool with things taking time. Im not rushing the items i ordered and know they are quality. But when he was posting on Facebook about black Friday type sales in the last 2 weeks all over but won't respond to email or Facebook message i get a little... concerned.

I'm cool with things taking time. Im not rushing the items i ordered and know they are quality. But when he was posting on Facebook about black Friday type sales in the last 2 weeks all over but won't respond to email or Facebook message i get a little... concerned.
Understandable...I was pretty concerned at the end too.

Understandable...I was pretty concerned at the end too.

BTW. Not that I don't care. But if he is dealing with stuff or going through things I get it and care and hope the best for Steve. Everything I hear and see is good. But communication of some sort would be good so I could understand the situation and not wonder.

Ask any buyer what they would prefer, excellent communication with a known delay in getting their order, or no communication and maybe you get the order, maybe you don't, and we all know that communication is key in any relationship. However, some vendors seem to think it is better to not respond to inquiries if they don't know the answer. I don't know how you run a business that way. I guess that is why there are so few rocket vendors.

I have 3 orders with them since the beginning of October. The October order just shipped a couple of days ago. I had some concerns as well in a different thread. And I know he had some family stuff to deal with in October per Facebook. Everything I have received from them is excellent quality. It just takes a while as they say on their website. And I agree with others below that some/any communication would be great; but I imagine at this point they are pretty buried and just trying to get everything out the door from the last 2 months. At this point I am not concerned as everyone has always received their orders from what I have read.

Go ask PerfectFlight they have become the masters of not communicating. But I digress back to the topic.
Also not producing merchandise, apparently.

Not sure where/when/how they're assembled, but they hit the market in dribs and drabs. Might have 0 this week, 5 the next, and go 3 weeks before 1 hits the market.

Not sure that anyone knows what's up, at least, not that I've heard.

Communications from rocketry item producers and vendors is highly variable! If you don't believe that, or haven't experienced that....just wait for the circus of posts after the Black Friday sales.....posts that historically have continued until mid-summer with some running over a year.

Last edited:
Placed an order with a question on Sunday, received email response to my question on Monday........no shipping info or anything, but I know he's working on stuff, so........🤷.......it'll get here. Went the same with my first order from them a few months ago.

Placed an order with a question on Sunday, received email response to my question on Monday........no shipping info or anything, but I know he's working on stuff, so........🤷.......it'll get here. Went the same with my first order from them a few months ago.

Emailed with questions. Facebook messaged with questions. Never any response. Placed a large order. And then waited a week emailed again and still no replies. Im sure I will get my orders. But communication is a huge thing to me as part of business and everything we do. I understand life happens. I also understand this isn't a full time gig for alot of rocketry business. But should always take the time to communicate. Even if its to tell me hey.. got your message. Im out of that. I have that. I can't talk really. Have stuff occurring.. what ever it is at least let people know.

Just received my BT55 Electron and fin guides for 4 fin rockets from an order in early October. All in good order. Looks like they hand fit everything as there were pencil marks and stuff on the FG. Besides the lack of communication, you do get your orders. I am sure they will communicate with you when they begin working on your order.

Just received my BT55 Electron and fin guides for 4 fin rockets from an order in early October. All in good order. Looks like they hand fit everything as there were pencil marks and stuff on the FG. Besides the lack of communication, you do get your orders. I am sure they will communicate with you when they begin working on your order.

That’s good to hear, my son ordered that same kit a few weeks ago.......👍👍

My wife does marketing and what I’ve learned from that is most everything on social media is done well in advance and scheduled to go out on certain days at certain times. That can often times be the reason you see poorly timed ads after global or local events. May or may not be the reason here but it’s absolutely a thing in general.

My wife does marketing and what I’ve learned from that is most everything on social media is done well in advance and scheduled to go out on certain days at certain times. That can often times be the reason you see poorly timed ads after global or local events. May or may not be the reason here but it’s absolutely a thing in general.

Not this. This was done from his personal FB account on various rocketry group/forum pages. Not like an automated process. These were individually posted.

I ordered a Mach1 Thunderbird and fin guide over 3 months ago. Got the rocket kit last month with a note that said fin guide will be shipped separately. Still no fin guide. I have sent multiple emails with no response. Bad thing is, I paid for the fin guide 3 months ago.

I ordered a Mach1 Thunderbird and fin guide over 3 months ago. Got the rocket kit last month with a note that said fin guide will be shipped separately. Still no fin guide. I have sent multiple emails with no response. Bad thing is, I paid for the fin guide 3 months ago.
Have you tried to send another email? 3 Months is to long to wait for the guide.

I supply the guides and I’m caught up on orders for Mach1 so he should have what he needs. That being said, please pm me your address and guide size ordered so I can send one out to you.

I ordered fin guides from Mach 1. After a month of waiting and no response to emails I canceled my order and credit card payment. Then ordered from Ian @ Badass Rocketry and had them in a couple days.

I supply the guides and I’m caught up on orders for Mach1 so he should have what he needs. That being said, please pm me your address and guide size ordered so I can send one out to you.
Ian, dude that is a top notch offer, on behalf of the community, thank you!

Ian also helped me out of a similar situation recently with a 2.6" guide needed.

Thanks for being a great vendor!

Ian, dude that is a top notch offer, on behalf of the community, thank you!

Ian also helped me out of a similar situation recently with a 2.6" guide needed.

Thanks for being a great vendor!

Ian is top notch. I actually ordered an entire set of 3 fin guides and a 54mm min diameter retainer and got my order fast with great communication. Product is awesome.

Thank you Ian

Back