Mach 1 lack of return email/messages

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed him last month regarding a custom size of one of their kits and got no response back. Is the website contact info even working?

I emailed him to the email I got from the order confirmation. Took a few times but he eventually got back to me.

Not sure. But I Also sent him a Facebook message as were contacts on Facebook as well. Shows he has seen the message but never replied.
Same thing happened to me. I sent a PM which was seen but not responded to, bout a week later sent the email via their "Contact Us" on the website. I love Mach1 kits but something is going on that is clearly affecting production and basic things like answering emails/PM's and they should at least put a post somewhere either on their website or their Facebook page that addresses it.

Same thing happened to me. I sent a PM which was seen but not responded to, bout a week later sent the email via their "Contact Us" on the website. I love Mach1 kits but something is going on that is clearly affecting production and basic things like answering emails/PM's and they should at least put a post somewhere either on their website or their Facebook page that addresses it.

Did the same thing with multiple Emails after FB pm. And couldn't agree more with some info posted somewhere. We don't need specific private details. But something that let's us know what to expect. And communication would be a must when your taking peoples money. I have no issues waiting. But waiting while no contact. Not so much.

Meant to update this last week......my son received his Mach1 order last Friday from his order he placed in early November. They’re making their way through the order pile, it seems.

I have seen this kind problem happen many times over the last 25 years. A new manufactor starts up and has a very good product. The word spreads and they over welmed with orders. Most are small operations and are trying to do the best they can. Give them a chance to catch up. Mach 1 has a very good line of kits.

Last edited:
I have seen this kind problem happen many times over the last 25 years. A new manufactor starts up and has a very good product. The word spreads and they over welmed with orders. Most are small operations and are trying to do the best they can. Give them a chance to catch up. Mach 1 has a very good line of kits.

I've seen it as well. Been a high power flyer since the mid 90s. Seen places come and go. I don't like to see any of them go or struggle. But... I still believe communication is a huge thing. I actually tried contacting so I could get info and place a bigger order than I did. Im cool with things taking time. No doubt the products are good. But not a fan of lack of communication or the service side of it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, we are working on orders as fast as we can, please be patient as every rocket is test fitted to make sure everything fits when you get it!! We sold out of some tubing and other things and had to wait to get stock!

Ronald

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to receiving my order!

Just received my BT55 Electron and fin guides for 4 fin rockets from an order in early October. All in good order. Looks like they hand fit everything as there were pencil marks and stuff on the FG. Besides the lack of communication, you do get your orders. I am sure they will communicate with you when they begin working on your order.
I hope that Steve is OK, whatever issues he’s going through. I have purchased several rockets from him, and while the communication was sparse, the products he delivers are FIRST RATE! Worth the wait.

I received my order in good condition a few days ago, but when I went to ask some questions, I saw that the website was down. Has anyone heard anything more from them?

I received my order in good condition a few days ago, but when I went to ask some questions, I saw that the website was down. Has anyone heard anything more from them?

Haven't heard anything. Curious did you get a shipping/Tracking notification before your order showed up?

I actually sent Ronald a message here on TRF after he posted in this discussion. Got no reply. Last week and this week I emailed directly in a reply to Steve. No reply. Saw on Facebook a message about the holidays and being overwhelmed by orders. I checked the website tonight and it is down. Could be lots of different issues.

I'm completely cool with things taking some time. Not complaining. Just would love a bit of communication. If they are going to be shipping I'd like to be notified so I can make sure it arrives at the specified address.

Hey guys, we are working on orders as fast as we can, please be patient as every rocket is test fitted to make sure everything fits when you get it!! We sold out of some tubing and other things and had to wait to get stock!

Ronald

Great Product.

Poor Communication.

Slow Delivery.

A simple reply to email messages is all everyone is asking for.

There is not even a way to check order status on the Website, which leaves your customers with email as the only way to follow up.

Zeke

Seeing people that ordered after you receiving their product already doesn’t help, either. About done.

Has anyone received any shipments from Mach 1 Rocketry this month (January 2021)?

I placed an order back in December. They, of course, have not shipped the order and they are non-responsive to emails.

Zeke

Has anyone received any shipments from Mach 1 Rocketry this month (January 2021)?

I placed an order back in December. They, of course, have not shipped the order and they are non-responsive to emails.

Zeke
I have received my order from them about 10 days ago. 2 BT60 rockets and a few other things. I have ordered from them many times, and always have received my orders. But you do have to wait.

His website is up. i just looked. it states they are closed till mid Febuary. I have built just about everyone of his kits. They are worth any wait you may have. Hope all is well Steve, Dave.

Still waiting on any kind of notice of shipping. My order was from the 12th of November. Heck would love some update of something.

My son received his order from Nov 8 during the week of Christmas. It was just a single rocket. I have a four kit order from Nov 15 still pending. Feel your pain.

My order took about a month w/o communication. Got a little worried but it showed up all good.
I think Chris' Rocketry Supplies might have some mach1 kits in stock, I think that is the most reliable way to get them.

Communication is the key to success in business and in life.
I had a similar experience as many of you have had; order not arriving, no response to emails, etc.
I have no tolerance for this type of customer service no matter how good the product.

Just an update. Spoke with Ronald Dunn had the chance to get some info and understanding of the situation. Every kit made by them is made when ordered. They custom fit every part make sure everything is perfect. I absolutely love that. Also they had no idea how huge their black Friday/November sale was going to be and they rapidly became overwhelmed by orders. Like more orders than they ever have had ever. This along with losing an employee that was a big part of making, cutting and putting kits and parts together. So that left both Steve and Ronald to do everything as well as work a normal daytime job as most of our vendors do as the rocketry business is part time and understandable. Plus the added time needed for family during the holidays. Ronald and I chatted about communication being important and he definitely agreed. Their emails have been so overloaded that it's been hard to keep up. They recently closed any new orders until they can get caught up. I'd like to thank Ronald for the assistance and the assurance of things. I hope for all the best for Mach1 rocketry and for anyone ordering or thats ordered I do honestly believe they will take care of you.

...........*snip*..............................Every kit made by them is made when ordered...............*/snip........

Ok, NOW it makes more sense. When the site says "In Stock", to me, that meant it had already been produced, test fit, bagged, tagged and ready to ship. Apparently, that is not correct, and I can certainly understand the time it is taking NOW. I think they can probably see why I was getting irritated, as well, though. I was operating under the "How long can it take to throw 4 kit bags in a box and send it???".

Conway, thank you for sharing that.

Ronald, thank you for explaining it to Conway.

Back