Mac Performance

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketkyle

Reaction score
Great service, great vendor. Immediate shipment of a custom order. Looking forward to doing more business with Mike.

I've done business with Mike too and he has great service & a great line of rockets!

Fly Canvas!

Another happy customer here!

I ordered the Jolly Logic Chute Release and a couple of Piston Deployment Kits, 3" & 4" along with their 20' Recovery Harness.

I try and buy different brands of harnesses, sort of sharing the $ if you will.

This is my first look at their Canvas Tubing. Amazing quality! Strong!
No Spirals to fill too! I'm blown away... amazingly smooth on the inside, no snags here and no need to use thin CA for extra strength.
And no reason to glass the outside of the tubing, of course.

Thank you to everybody at Mac Performance Rocketry!
www.macperformancerocketry.com

Flying two MAC Performance rockets and building a third... a custom boat tail 4 inch Villain. Great stuff, indeed. No grinding, cutting, shaping, spiral filling, warp correcting or beveling required.

Anybody ever try flying one without glue? :grin: They fit together so perfectly out of the box that I've often been tempted to try to launch one without gluing it together. :wink: Not that my club would allow that. :grin:

I bet you could fly an H single deploy if you put a single set screw in the rear CR ;)

If you skipped the stepped rear cr and had Nat interlock the rear CR to the fins, you could totally fly a MAC snapped together :)

Last edited:
I bet you could fly an H single deploy if you put a single set screw in the rear CR ;)

If you skipped the stepped rear cr and had Nat interlock the rear CR to the fins, you could totally fly a MAC snapped together :)

Will you try it and let me know? We don't want to lose our sod farm.... :grin:

Hey guys, you might want to try it first with the new 54mm Scorpion kit, or any of the other 54 kits that will soon to available. Sorry.....I couldn't resist the opportunity to mention the 54 stuff is ready. More kits and components will be added to the site in the next few days.
Check it out @ www.macperformancerocketry.com

Mike Crupe
Whats In Your Rocket?

FLY CANVAS!

I've noticed that the Piston kits recently purchased have a woodgrain effect/look to them on the exterior! Especially the one for 4" tubing.

Just thought I would throw that out there and see if it sticks!

The insides of your tubing is amazingly slick as glass!

The insides of your tubing is amazingly slick as glass!

The airframe tubing I got has a rough seam on the inside. Not a big deal, but do you guys have recommendations for smoothing out out? I was thinking it might be some combo of filling and sanding... That's tricky on the inside though. I might just live with it. I don't think the chute will hang up on it, and it is on the inside.

The airframe tubing I got has a rough seam on the inside. Not a big deal, but do you guys have recommendations for smoothing out out? I was thinking it might be some combo of filling and sanding... That's tricky on the inside though. I might just live with it. I don't think the chute will hang up on it, and it is on the inside.

The couplers are XX Canvas Phenolic (extremely hard) and have a very shinny ID. The airframe uses a different resin with a flex agent added which makes it very dull looking. The two are very different.
The line/seam on the inside is where the process over mandrel starts. There is nothing that needs to be done with it.

Mike Crupe
MAC

Last edited:
Back