MAC Performance Limited Edition Carbon Fiber

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Since the introduction of our 54mm Carbon Fiber tubes and accessories we have been asked over and over when we would make them available as a kit. "RainMaker 54" is a limited built kit and there are only four of them available at this time. The fit and finish on these kits are second to none. The carbon fiber air frames are 5 harness satin 6K and convolute wound, nosecone and boat tail are filament wound fiberglass, and the coupler and nosecone shoulder are XX Phenolic. We added a G12 motor mount tube and hold it in place with canvas phenolic centering rings with an integrated 1/4" kevlar "Y" bridal to anchor your recovery harness to. Finish it off with a set of four .125" 2x2 twill carbon fiber fins. The dual deploy electronics/Avbay comes complete with all hardware needed and includes a 3D printed electronics board. The kit sells for $399.00. Want one......send me an email at [email protected]

Booster- 30"
Payload- 14"
Nosecone- 13"
Total- 57"

Weight- 37oz.

RainMaker TRF.jpgCarbon3.jpgCarbon 2.jpgCarbon Booster.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I know I have been saying that my build pile is embarrassingly too big but you somehow found a hole in my line-up, at least that is how I am justifying this...it's a sickness! Looking forward to building this one, it looks like it will be an easy winter build and take a beating.

Still 1 left? PM sent

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Hey Mike,

I received mine today, thanks a bunch! I am a bit disappointed though, it looks like I may have to use epoxy for one fin, the rest of it snapped together perfectly. :)

Seriously tight tolerances on this one Mike, I am really looking forward to putting it together and it should be one of the quicker builds. Maybe I will do a build thread.

Hey Mike,

I received mine today, thanks a bunch! I am a bit disappointed though, it looks like I may have to use epoxy for one fin, the rest of it snapped together perfectly. :)

Seriously tight tolerances on this one Mike, I am really looking forward to putting it together and it should be one of the quicker builds. Maybe I will do a build thread.

I left one loose as a reminder to use epoxy :rofl:

A build thread would be a great idea!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the support. The plan is to do small batches of carbon kits from time to time. We will always make them available to the TRF Community first.

Mike,
Thanks for keeping us (TRF crowd) in mind with your specials
I'm bummed I did not see this thread earlier, so just know that you could have sold +1 kit for the next time around.

Incidentally, what are the odds of you having a special on 54/75mm MMT CF kit before Xmas?

a

Last edited:
Mike,
Thanks for keeping us (TRF crowd) in mind with your specials
I'm bummed I did not see this thread earlier, so just know that you could have sold +1 kit for the next time around.

a

Alex,

I plan to put another batch together mid November after we get back from Mid-West Power. They will not be included in our Black Friday sale and there will only be another four. If anyone else is interested send me a PM.
Thanks so much for all the support!

Back