MAC Performance ETHOS 2.0 Mid/High Power Kit Review and Short Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozef

Reaction score
I just received the first release of the new ETHOS 2.0 from MAC Performance Rocketry. It is a simplified version of the original 4 inch diameter ETHOS but is longer and lighter and will fly on a wide range of 38mm Motors (large G through I and up to J for the experience flier) in single deploy configuration. The kit includes a printed tailcone that accepts an Aeropak retainer. Other slip on tube style retainers will work as well. ETHOS 2.0 is 50.7 inches long and the dry fit weight of all kit components is around 43 ounces. I ordered the optional Pinnacle nosecone bay kit and Aeropak retainer. The kit arrived well packaged with internal components dry fit into the canvas phenolic 28.5 inch long airframe. The canvas phenolic fins are 1/8 inch thick and beveled. Centering rings are 1/4 birch ply and fit snugly around the motor tube and inside the airframe. A heavy duty U-bolt assembly is dry fit into the fore centering ring. An eyebolt is assembled into the Pinnacle nose cone should you decide not to use the optional nosecone bay kit. As with my previous MAC Performance kits, the quality of materials, fit and attention to detail is superb. Here a few photos of the kit contents. I plan to follow with a short build sequence, though the kit is simple and builds like most cardboard/ply kits without the need for beveling fins and filling airframes. You can refer to the vendor forum for MAC Performance product release information

IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5569.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

I started the build sequence for ETHOS 2.0 on the Mid Power Forum. I can't figure out how do get in in both forums without replicating the entire posting process.

Back