MAC Performance "BOLT" Missile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
"BOLT" Missile

It's finally time to release the second offering in our Missile Collector Series.

The original concept was designed by Steven Batten from North Carolina, in May 2016, and carries his TRA # on board. It is modeled as an air to ground missile and a must have for any collector. The 54 motor mount lets you fly up to K motors and reach altitudes over 10K. Check it out at www.macperformancerocketry.com

Bolt.jpg Bolt Assembly.jpg

Mike Crupe
MAC Performance Rocketry

What's In Your Rocket?
FLY CANVAS!

Last edited:
Man that's a great looking bird! What retainer do you have on there Mike, this has K700 written all over it! Rocksim or OR?

I'm not Mike, but I happen to know its designed to use an Aeropack cone retainer. :wink:

Man that's a great looking bird! What retainer do you have on there Mike, this has K700 written all over it! Rocksim or OR?

The retainer is an Aeropack tailcone retainer as StevenB pointed out and a special thanks to StevenB for the original concept. It's in OR on the links page www.macperformancerocketry.com you know you want one Mike.

Mike Crupe

What's In Your Rocket
FLY CANVAS!

Last edited:
It's in OR on the links page www.macperformancerocketry.com

Checked that before I posted but its not in either OR or the RS Dropbox.

......you know you want one Mike:wink:

You know I do, this and the VTS...it's my build pile vs. my free time that is killing me. I have been limiting my purchases to hard to pass on deals that pop up in the for sale section, and anything to do with finishing off my current builds.

I see you're going to LDRS, if I see this in person i may just break down and pick it up...must resist. Are you planning on launching it there?

Checked that before I posted but its not in either OR or the RS Dropbox.

You know I do, this and the VTS...it's my build pile vs. my free time that is killing me. I have been limiting my purchases to hard to pass on deals that pop up in the for sale section, and anything to do with finishing off my current builds.

I see you're going to LDRS, if I see this in person i may just break down and pick it up...must resist. Are you planning on launching it there?

The Missile file has been loaded as an Ork. on the Links page........sorry about that.
We'll have the VTS-6 and the BOLT Missile along with a lot of our other rockets on display. I plan to fly the VTS-6 and not sure what else.
Really looking forward to LDRS to see our products fly and getting to see everyone!

Mike Crupe
www.macperformancerocketry.com

What's In Your Rocket?
FLY CANVAS!

Mike, is this actually a scale model, or is it just "scale-like"?

The BOLT Missile was never a real missile so it is "Scale-Like". I guess It falls into the same catagory as the AGM-33 Pike and the QCC Explorer (Fantasy Missile).

Mike Crupe
www.macperformancerocketry.com

What's In Your Rocket?
FLY CANVAS!

How do the upper fins attach? I see the fin slots but the MMT looks to short for them to connect to.

Had to have one... order on way. First one of your rockets. I hear it calling 'k660'. True story.

If lawndart is flying it... i'll bet it has the BIGGEST Thing that will fit in it...

Oh the decals are up on the website if anyone needs them... its a very cool (and huge) set!

Not persoanlly in any hurry or need, but wasn't able to find them just now, FYI

After just about finishing my first MAC p build (Rayzor 3), I can attest to the phenomenal quality of these kits! This one is going to go on my list for sure!

Ya know Mark, when a K660 (cti) or a K700 (aero) go to work, you get to set back and watch a real motor work! Damn those two are fine!

Back