MAC Performance 4" Blackfly Build - TRA Level 1 Attempt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! You really can't go wrong with this canvas phenolic, and the precision fitted parts from MAC Performance.
Mike has been awesome to work with. We're scoping out parts for my 6" build of the same kit.

I may cert L2 on this build, just with a J. To get some practice flying larger impulses while I build. And then I'm going to use the 6" Blackfly kit to gain experience on dual deploy and electronics.

Thanks all! You really can't go wrong with this canvas phenolic, and the precision fitted parts from MAC Performance.
Mike has been awesome to work with. We're scoping out parts for my 6" build of the same kit.

I may cert L2 on this build, just with a J. To get some practice flying larger impulses while I build. And then I'm going to use the 6" Blackfly kit to gain experience on dual deploy and electronics.
Nice build. I was thinking the same thing he could do L2 with that rocket. You are so right as to get more experience. There is no rush to do L3. Enjoy flying and working your way up to L3.

Nice build. I was thinking the same thing he could do L2 with that rocket. You are so right as to get more experience. There is no rush to do L3. Enjoy flying and working your way up to L3.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm confident in my *knowledge*, as evident from my L2 written score. What I need is practice and real world experience of higher impulse motors, build techniques for that thrust, avionics, etc.
I am planning to invest heavily in that this year and fly L2 as often as I can.
Seem like a reasonable plan?

Back