MAC Performance 3'' Rayzor - 54mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too cool Coleman,,,
The rocket came out smokin,,
and the vid's come out smokin,,, lol..

Teddy

That's too funny Coleman,,
Jarrett just responded to something in a thread----

I am so ashamed..... lol...

It was really funny,,,
OK,,
Guess you had to be there... lol...

Teddy

very nice! love the videos! wish I had one like that of my L2 flight at LDRS...

Nice build man and super sweet videos but I did notice one problem, you didn't catch my Onyx on the H128. I feel so rejected! Back to the canvas, the more I look at these the more I want one. I have a healthy build stack already but I just may have to order one anyway.

Nice build man and super sweet videos but I did notice one problem, you didn't catch my Onyx on the H128. I feel so rejected! Back to the canvas, the more I look at these the more I want one. I have a healthy build stack already but I just may have to order one anyway.

Thank you! Sorry about that, I use a remote to turn the camera on/off for each flight. It saves precious battery/memory space but at the cost of me missing some flights if I'm occupied with something else :( If I leave it running continuously its a lot of footage to look through and each battery only lasts 80-90min tops and that nearly fills a 32gb card :surprised:

They are 100% worth it; this is the second kit I've finished, I have another currently being built and a fourth that will soon be on its way! I've never had so many HPR kits before from one manufacturer :lol:

Just a quick update and preview for the upcoming weekend. First off, got my vinyl on and I just love it:

The plan is to fly Saturday at URRG in NY on a CTI L805 white. I'm predicting 13.5K and M1.25 - should be a fun ride! I tried shielding the mobius HD camera so hopefully it should now play nice with the GPS unit and I should get some nice onboard video! If all goes well, on Sunday I have an L265 mellow for it, which should be a cool flight as well - 14K, M0.9 and a peak of just under 8 g's with the 10 second burn :grin:

Not directly related to this thread, but I also recently completed another MAC performance build, albeit with some additions:

It was originally a 3"/38mm single deploy scorpion, and I added a slimline ogive tail cone retainer, the upper section and electronics bay off of my Rayzor, and 3-D printed mounts for four (4) 24mm outboard motors. The airstarts are hooked up through homemade screw like terminals on the outside of the BT, which run up to the electronics bay. It's the first time I've managed to use all four outputs on my AIM XTRA!

This will also fly at URRG, on a central CTI I204 imax, then air-starting 2xG100 skidmarks at 350', and finally 2x F30 whites at 800'. So yellow/tan smoke, to black smoke, to white smoke, with green flame, to orange, to white ;)

EDIT: what do you guys think, should I leave the little outboard nosecones blue or paint them, say orange or red?

Last edited:
Just a quick update and preview for the upcoming weekend. First off, got my vinyl on and I just love it:

The plan is to fly Saturday at URRG in NY on a CTI L805 white. I'm predicting 13.5K and M1.25 - should be a fun ride! I tried shielding the mobius HD camera so hopefully it should now play nice with the GPS unit and I should get some nice onboard video! If all goes well, on Sunday I have an L265 mellow for it, which should be a cool flight as well - 14K, M0.9 and a peak of just under 8 g's with the 10 second burn :grin:

Not directly related to this thread, but I also recently completed another MAC performance build, albeit with some additions:

It was originally a 3"/38mm single deploy scorpion, and I added a slimline ogive tail cone retainer, the upper section and electronics bay off of my Rayzor, and 3-D printed mounts for four (4) 24mm outboard motors. The airstarts are hooked up through homemade screw like terminals on the outside of the BT, which run up to the electronics bay. It's the first time I've managed to use all four outputs on my AIM XTRA!

This will also fly at URRG, on a central CTI I204 imax, then air-starting 2xG100 skidmarks at 350', and finally 2x F30 whites at 800'. So yellow/tan smoke, to black smoke, to white smoke, with green flame, to orange, to white ;)

EDIT: what do you guys think, should I leave the little outboard nosecones blue or paint them, say orange or red?

Very nice build, are you launching it Saturday or Sunday? I will be there for Saturday and hope to see it in person...leave the nosecones just as they are.

Very nice build, are you launching it Saturday or Sunday? I will be there for Saturday and hope to see it in person...leave the nosecones just as they are.

Thanks, the current plan is Saturday, see you then! Got any cool flights planned?

Man did that come out sweet Coleman. ...
I don't even know which flight is going to be the coolest. ..
10 sec burn,, that's just insane,, 2 separate airstarts,, wow,, one super cool flight right after another. ...
I'd sure love to be there to see those flights. ....
Ohhhhh well,, maybe next time....

Teddy

Thanks, the current plan is Saturday, see you then! Got any cool flights planned?

Sweet builds! I'll be there sat as well. weather is looking perfect! I'm just doing a bunch of small flights but it will be a great launch. I believe we will also have 2 vendors on site!!!

Man did that come out sweet Coleman. ...
I don't even know which flight is going to be the coolest. ..
10 sec burn,, that's just insane,, 2 separate airstarts,, wow,, one super cool flight right after another. ...
I'd sure love to be there to see those flights. ....
Ohhhhh well,, maybe next time....

Teddy

Thank you so much teddy, I wish you could be there to see it but then again, I'm still very jealous that your going to Airfest XXI :p I wouldn't normally do such a risky thing as 2 separate air starts, but the pair of F30's against the 8+ lb rocket are for little more than show, so if the flight isn't ideal they won't cause much trouble.

Sweet builds! I'll be there sat as well. weather is looking perfect! I'm just doing a bunch of small flights but it will be a great launch. I believe we will also have 2 vendors on site!!!

Thanks! The weather looks great, it should be a great day!

I was considering not going to the Rad Rocks Launch tomorrow. ..
But I really want to get the first decent flight in on Europa Express before Airfest. ....
SteamPunk's flight at Geneseo made the Eggtimers pushbutton switch show a fault....
I got the rocket back and the secondary main charge ( the Eggtimers ) did not go off,, it was intact...
Very strange...
Download data from both altimeters. .
The Marsa shows at what point in the flight the main was deployed......
At that exact same point in time the Eggtimer lost power.....
Those switches that I thought are so robust are giving me fits....
Remember there was one on the Marsa that kept testing good and opening on launch....
I am very fortunate that I have 2 switches from Eggtimer Cris in packages on my bench...
I have to get them built and in SteamPunk's av bay....
And I'm booked with the big boss on Sunday and on Monday. ..

Felling just a bit squeezed for time....
But no real biggie.. I'll do it...
Thank you anyway though, ,,,
I sure do wish I was going to be in Potter with you guys tomorrow. ....

Teddy

Back