LUNAR launch at Snow Ranch Saturday January 4th 2020..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tball7

Reaction score
The weather was foggy and raining on the California coast but 120 miles inland at Snow Ranch south of Stockton it was sunny, cloudless, no wind and a cold for Cali 49 degrees..

Many flights and well attended..
A new thing for us Lunarians, we had 2 successful level 3 flights on M motors ( one to 13K feet !) from our new away cell..

Many children and also a lot of us now retired oldsters flew many, many rockets..

Way to go LUNAR..

Last year we were rained out of almost all our Launch dates (2 launches only).. This year we have waivers for every single weekend both Saturday and Sunday and are raring to go..

Last edited:
Remember space is closer than Sacramento..
The weather was foggy and raining on the California coast but 120 miles inland at Snow Ranch south of Stockton it was sunny, cloudless, no wind and a cold for Cali 49 degrees..

A new thing for us Lunarians, we had 2 successful level 3 flights on M motors ( one to 13K feet !) from our new away cell..

Many children and also a lot of us now retired oldsters flew many, many rockets..

Way to go LUNAR..

Last year we were rained out of almost all our Launch dates (2 launches only).. This year we have waivers for every single weekend both Saturday and Sunday and are raring to go..

Remember space is closer than Sacramento..

Way to go LUNAR..

Was a very nice day. Finally flew my 54mm crayon with lexan fins that had been in works for 3-4 years. Too bad the breeze came up past my willing to walk for a 10k shot speed, but I have a K375W and a darkstar ready for next month.

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_140232.jpg
    IMG_20200104_140232.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 19
I don't believe either L3 was successful, both due to recovery failures. I know for sure Eric's wasn't, and I think Phil's popped the main at apogee right, which was unplanned. Still exciting flights though! I helped Eric get his loaded on the pad, it was an impressive bit of kit, the chute bag just didn't let the main deploy fully.

Back