LUNAR is ON for March 4th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherokeej

Reaction score
Get 'em ready, cuz the weather is looking good for March 4th. Don says the ranch is draining well, but all the "stay on the road" rules are gonna apply double this next launch. Cuz that ground is soft.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a contest. Win a link to the map. But if you guess Snow Ranch, it doesn't count. :lol:

Sorry. Can't help myself. :smile:

LUNAR is the world's largest local model and high power rocketry club. Section 534 of the National Association of Rocketry. When we hold a launch, we set out more pads than some clubs have members, and we have lines of people waiting to use them. Our Snow Ranch launch site boasts a 15K AGL waiver, and is a full L3 capable field.

However, anything flying an installed impulse greater than 2560 N-Sec requires prior BoD approval.

For this upcoming launch on the 4th, I would suggest prep as much as is safely possible, arrive early, and fly early. I expect this launch will be very well attended. Both TCC and LUNAR had to cancel January and February launches, so I expect the high power folks will be itching to make some smoke, right along with all the TARC and SLI teams.

Absolutely stay on the road! Slow down and drive thru the puddle, do NOT try to go around it. And when you arrive at the flight line, stay within 1 car length of the road. Unless you want to leave your car there until August. :no:

And that part's no joke.

For anyone else who stumbled upon this Lunar is in Livermore, CA.

It was originally founded in Livermore, but it is really an SF Bay Area-wide club, and these HPR launches are at least an hour east of Livermore and draw people from miles away. Follow the LUNAR link provided earlier to hear more about the club.

The club prez posted earlier this evening that the launch has been shortened to 9am-noon, due to a forecast for rain in the afternoon. And to be sure to call the hotline in the morning in case things change. As much as I have go fever for missing every launch opportunity after October Skies, I can't really justify the drive (and time to pack/unpack) for a single flight or maybe two if I was really lucky. So I think I'll continue to blame rain for not having had a launch yet this year, and spend the day working on some new rockets I have to build instead. :)

Happy flying to all that do go!!

I've got to show early cuz I've got all of the club's 1/8" launch rods. Be good to get those out of here and back in the trailer.

Wish this weather would cooperate.

Good news... Rumor has it that Orvis beef will be available on the way out. Good stuff, Maynard.

Last edited:
The club prez posted earlier this evening that the launch has been shortened to 9am-noon, due to a forecast for rain in the afternoon. And to be sure to call the hotline in the morning in case things change. As much as I have go fever for missing every launch opportunity after October Skies, I can't really justify the drive (and time to pack/unpack) for a single flight or maybe two if I was really lucky. So I think I'll continue to blame rain for not having had a launch yet this year, and spend the day working on some new rockets I have to build instead. :)

Happy flying to all that do go!!

I'm kind of feeling the same way. When I drive all the way to the ranch, I like to stay until 4. Plus, I feel like I'm getting a cold... I hope everyone has a good time!

Count me out as well. I never show up earlier than 10:30 and a 90 minute launch window just isn't worth it.

I'm hearing the water barons claim we're still in a drought and rate increases are ahead. Sheesh!

Back