"Lucky 7" Rocket Concept

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
Once again got to playing with Openrocket and have a bunch of BT-55 so I decided to see what I could build that was;

1. Estes D powered
2. Different
3. Hauls butt

Straight forward building. TTW might be a bit over the top but using that to interlock the parts together. Meaning I can go easy on the glue. Placing a big Balsa Machine ring and parts list order soon and hope to start on a Lucky 7 when I get the parts.

I kept playing with the file parts to see what would happen if I changed something. Got the Lucky 7 to work really well on D's and launch in the 1000 ft/s range. Gonna be one of those don't blink or it's gone launches.

Learning there is a fine line in the stability of rockets. I was in a grey area on this rocket for a while where a 1mm adjustment was stable or go 1mm the other way and it wasn't.

This rocket sims stable now but wonder if it is because of the high velocity off the rod?

Will try my hand at sewing up small X chutes. Was given a small table top machine so might as well put it to use.

When I get the parts and start building, will update the file parts to match the actual weights.

Why "Lucky 7"?

Gonna be lucky to keep it away from the Rocket Gods' grasp.

View attachment lucky7.ork

Last edited:
Once again got to playing with Openrocket and have a bunch of BT-55 so I decided to see what I could build that was;

1. Estes D powered
2. Different
3. Hauls butt

Straight forward building. TTW might be a bit over the top but using that to interlock the parts together. Meaning I can go easy on the glue. Placing a big Balsa Machine ring and parts list order soon and hope to start on a Luck 7 when I get the parts.

I kept playing with the file parts to see what would happen if I changed something. Got the Lucky 7 to work really well on D's and launch in the 1000 ft/s range. Gonna be one of those don't blink or it's gone launches.

Learning there is a fine line in the stability of rockets. I was in a grey area on this rocket for a while where a 1mm adjustment was stable or go 1mm the other way and it wasn't.

This rocket sims stable now but wonder if it is because of the high velocity off the rod?

Will try my hand at sewing up small X chutes. Was given a small table top machine so might as well put it to use.

When I get the parts and start building, will update the file parts to match the actual weights.

Why "Lucky 7"?

Gonna be lucky to keep it away from the Rocket Gods' grasp.

Sounds like a fun flying machine but you should really change the name as the Lucky Seven is one of the X-price Real space vehicles, Estes already has a 1:48.087 Scale kit out for it.
A simple little model but fun to fly.

688a_Lucky Seven 48.0879 Scale (X-Prize) Kit Complete_02-23-14.jpg

Didn't know that about the other rockets. Picked Lucky 7 for the seven fins and I will be lucky if the rocket gods give it back..

Hmm....will rethink a new name

Last edited:
Always risky to disagree with der MicroMeister:), but hey, it's a scratch rocket.
Call it whatever you want. Who cares if we are recycling names?

Back