• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Low price 38mm engine retainer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Aeropack retainer - First class / red carpet / rides in limo to the event
2) Plastic screw on - Middle class / behind the ropes / base model Mustang or Charger
3) Z clips - Low class / Watches on TV with foil rabbit ears / Flat bed Ford
4) Tape - lives in a van down by the river

There are plenty of designs out there, I have printed retainers for all of my mid power rockets and several larger (38 mm) HPRs as well. Know anyone with a 3D printer? I have used PLA (worked fine), ABS and my latest are annealed polycarbonate. Actually seems to work better on larger motor diameters as there is more clearance between the nozzle and the outside diameter compared to say 24 mm black powder motors.

1) Aeropack retainer - First class / red carpet / rides in limo to the event
2) Plastic screw on - Middle class / behind the ropes / base model Mustang or Charger
3) Z clips - Low class / Watches on TV with foil rabbit ears / Flat bed Ford
4) Tape - lives in a van down by the river

Retainer snobbery?

I’m 100% successful with (4).

Does anyone know where I can buy a low-priced 38mm engine retainer? If someone is willing to 3D print one for me, we can discuss terms.
I have a CAD file that I made up sometime back for a 38mm screw on retainer. Not sure if I ever printed for a test fit, I think I did but it would've been at least 2 years ago. Lol...so don't know remember the details.

What is the OD of your MMT? I can modify the file to make sure it fits and print you out a couple. I only do PLA and PLA+, my machine hates PETG.

Message me if interested

Back