Love coffee

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ones!!
im drinking coffee from Yemen this morning. The birthplace of this magical stuff!!!
I’ll probably figure out how to save the world by 8am. 😁

When I first got to my new work assignment (in NM) our coffee room was stocked with what I affectionately call swill (Swill is kind of affectionate right?). My coworkers said "yeah it's not the best tasting coffee but it was free". I said "So is the dirt around our building :oops: and I'm not drinking that" Almost 3 years later, the coffee service guy won't even bring filters to the 2nd floor coffee room (I don't blame him one bit). We have a nice burr grinder and everyone is converted to "the bean". I like the mix of coffee's that we can get from La Colombe. The others in the group bring in coffee from local mom and pop places, Star-yucks, Durango Joes, Black Rifle, etc. I'm sure that some of those are cooked to death but it has the illusion of being better than Folgers... actually... it is better than Folgers. Not a huge task...

My Dad was a Coffee salesman in Central California, sold Farmer Brothers coffee to restaurants.
Farmer Brothers was a full bodied truck driver Coffee. We called it "Tar in a jar".
100% Arabica, long before that was a thing. Most all the store cheaper brands contain fillers.

A Farmer Bros..jpg

I started drinking Coffee when I was about five years old.
When I was fifteen, I counted up how many cups I drank through the day - 10 cups!
But boy, could I play the banjo fast.

He hated the old Folger's commercials where Mrs. Olsen would say:
"Folger's Coffee is mountain grown, the richest kind!"
Most all Coffee is grown on mountains. They do it for water drainage.

Last edited:
When our Costco first opened it had a huge coffee roaster in the middle of the store. Always had great fresh roasted and vacuum bagged coffee. Lasted about 2 years and they shut it down, sat dormant for a few more and now its gone. My wife bought herself a Nespresso maching for Christmas, it make a interesting cup of coffee.

Bowls of mocha are heavenly. Not many places I know have them though. Probably a good thing.

Making Vietnamese iced cafe sua da now with one of those cup-top press units, Peets french roast beans ground with a Baratza Encore (entry level burr grinder, setting at 20 works well). Fantastic.

I have a coffee shop/ company in my city that roasts all their coffee (in small batches). Much better quality and flavor. They have grown to 12 locations I believe.

19524.jpeg

VdhM6Yyh.jpg

If i already posted this, sorry. I haven't had my coffee yet....

Back