Lost Rocket: Wildman 3.0" DD on Fri 4PM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
UPDATE: NOT FOUND!

I lost my Wildman 3.0". Simmed to 13k the tracker went dead due to waiting all day for a window. Here's a liftoff shot on it's way up there:

Transmitter was on 223.250
or Ch 325 for 300 receiver from CSI

JD

Wildman3.0missingL935.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna send this to Dave M and Riley....
One of them may know something...

Teddy

And Bob Krech...

Last edited:
yeah, sorry you drove all the way here for nothing. apparently the lost rocket list was mistaken for the found rocket list. many rockets are still lost. and now a nosecone and ebay are six feet under...

I was mislead! The rocket is still LOST!
:mad:

JD

I don't think you were misled. Someone was trying to do you a favor and a mistake was made. Requesting a picture may help, especially when a long trip is involved.

Hi JD, is there a chance you can show someone on a map where you saw my vindicator?
Thanks let me knowImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1437936060.380027.jpg

Off topic, but what kind of tracker doesn't last a day?? I have had the com spec trackers blip out for almost a week on a new battery. I tested the abilities of the thing so I had an idea of how long I would be able to "search" if ever lost.

Good luck with the find. I'm sure it will show up.

Off topic, but what kind of tracker doesn't last a day?? I have had the com spec trackers blip out for almost a week on a new battery. I tested the abilities of the thing so I had an idea of how long I would be able to "search" if ever lost.

Good luck with the find. I'm sure it will show up.

Might have been an old battery? Did it die after the button was pushed? I be burned when I didn't do a range test with an installation before flight so that's an awful feeling when there is no signal on the downside and the rocket is not seen. Kurt

Back