Lost rocket contact info. ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketbboy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to your forum. I have been launching low powered rockets since 1968. Just this last month I have decided to try mid power and was wondering how to put your contact info on your models? In R/C aircraft we put in the fuse of the plane. Or I should ask, Do you put contact info in and if so what and how? I have just finished an Aerotech Barracuda and hope to fly it this weekend @ the TCC Launch at Maddox Farm Ca. I have always been a freelance rocket guy (launching with family and friends only) and decided its time to get in with the main steam.. I.E.. Find other people with the same interests, maybe a club, this forum. Go to my first organized launch!! (this weekend weather permitting) I am very excited to have found this forum. It has lots of friendly people with lots of help. Thanks in advance. Breck

How about a return addres label, covered with clear self stick vinyl inside the BT, or a laminated cardstock tag attached to the shock cord or NC.

BBoy, you are welcome to join in here whether you launch with one or one thousand other rocketeers--

I have seen a 'deluxe' approach taken by some builders who put their contact info onto a decal and place it somewhere on the rocket's exterior. Comes out looking pretty nice.

If you have a scale model that you don't want to mess up the paint scheme or decorations, you could put a small note card inside the rocket. I tether mine to the shock cord so it ejects and will be hanging out and visible to whoever picks up the rocket. I only bother with this on the bigger/more expensive rockets.

Hello Breck and Welcome to TRF
Put your contact info on a luggage tag and attach it to your shock cord or nosecone.

Great advice guys!!! Thanks, Is contact info required at competion launches? Nar or Tri events/

I use a 'Dynmo' (I think that's what it's called). Offices use it to put custom messages on parcels ect. They are pretty expensive too. I just put a kind note saying : If found please phone (phone number)

Karl

On the back of my return labels, I like to include a note explaining that the rocket is inert after launch and contains no fuel or dangerous chemicals.

You would be amazed to see what some people think they have to do in order to make a downed rocket 'safe'

For contact info I go to Petsmart and make a dog tag with my contact info. Then I attach that to a U-bolt somewhere so it won't go anywhere.

Edward

Back