Lost Part

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOF410

Reaction score
does anyone else ever lose a part during a build? I started a new scratch build rear eject and built a rear cap and coupler assembly for deployment. Set it down to dry and...gone!

This may just be an indictment of my organization system or memory, or I may have gremlins in the basement lol.

Now I have to decide...do I wait for it to pop up to finish the build, or just spin a new part so I can inevitably find the old one just as I finish...

Anyone else ever have this problem?

does anyone else ever lose a part during a build? I started a new scratch build rear eject and built a rear cap and coupler assembly for deployment. Set it down to dry and...gone!

This may just be an indictment of my organization system or memory, or I may have gremlins in the basement lol.

Now I have to decide...do I wait for it to pop up to finish the build, or just spin a new part so I can inevitably find the old one just as I finish...

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Happens on a regular basis and not just for rocketry (is that too much info?). I usually take it as a cue to clean and organize my stuff. Most of the time I find it back.

Now and then that, more often with tools than parts. "Where did I put that knife?" And it's a little like putting the thing together that you just took apart and fixed; sometimes a part is missing, and sometimes there are extras. "Oh, crap, where was this suppose dot go? I hope it isn't important." I'm glad to say neither one happens very often. So far.

No kids or animals running about?

I loose things alot - many times I found them in odd places I went while handling the part - IE in the bath room, kitchen, front door (when bell rang). After the fact it's hard to re-trace your steps, but I find that helps sometimes.

Good luck!

Hooray I found it. Rolled over on a shelf and was neatly hiding behind the vertical post of the shelf...

Thinking of adding undershelf lighting...lol

On the odd occasion when I lose something in the workshop I just start doing some tidying up. Just putting random things away where they should be. The lost item usually turns up fairly quick. Not sure how it works but it does.

Keys... and reading glasses...

And yeah, when I cannot find "that part I just had in my hand a moment ago", I know it is time to clean up the work table.

Back