Losing my mind (and rocket parts)!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronicabill

Reaction score
Just completing the final steps on my new AeroTech ARCAS build (rigging the recovery laundry), and cannot find the Nomex chute protector I had for the 12" drogue chute! I know beyond any reasonable doubt that I had it, but now the sucker's gone... as in vanished from the face of the earth!!!

I seriously do NOT want to have to order another one since shipping costs will exceed the price of the protector, but I don't need anything else right now except that one item! Dammit... I'm losing my ever-loving mind!!! :mad:

Update: Shipping was a dollar less than the nomex chute protector, but still.... <sigh>

In reference to the recipes above a cheap and easy source of boric acid is roach powder. Find it almost anywhere.

When I'm looking for something I've lost, I always seem to find the previous lost thing I was looking for. What would happen to me would be: I'd give up looking for the nomex protector and later start looking for something else entirely. I'd then wind up finding the nomex protector but not the "something else" I was looking for. It's really weird, but this happens to me all the time. My hobby room is such a disorganized mess... sigh.

I'm going totally off topic (again? Still?)...

@bronicabill , is your handle anything to do with Zenza Bronica cameras? Enquiring minds, blah blah.
Why yes... yes it is! Once upon a time I was a working pro photographer (before DSLRs turned everyone into a "pro"), and Zenza Bronica was my camera of choice! As a matter of fact, I still have two of them along with an assortment of lenses, film backs, etc. that I still shoot B&W film in from time to time!

Good catch!

Why yes... yes it is! Once upon a time I was a working pro photographer (before DSLRs turned everyone into a "pro"), and Zenza Bronica was my camera of choice! As a matter of fact, I still have two of them along with an assortment of lenses, film backs, etc. that I still shoot B&W film in from time to time!

Good catch!

Aha! Very nice gear. Medium format is still the coolest. 🙂

Just completing the final steps on my new AeroTech ARCAS build (rigging the recovery laundry), and cannot find the Nomex chute protector I had for the 12" drogue chute! I know beyond any reasonable doubt that I had it, but now the sucker's gone... as in vanished from the face of the earth!!!

I seriously do NOT want to have to order another one since shipping costs will exceed the price of the protector, but I don't need anything else right now except that one item! Dammit... I'm losing my ever-loving mind!!! :mad:
Probably with those lost socks....

sorta like socks......where the hell does this stuff go?

Latest posts

Back