Looks Like We Make Cheesy Concept SIM Videos Now Too.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Much cheaper that actually building and deploying it, and it does have a "Fear Factor" rating of maybe 7-8 on a scale of one to ten.
Atleast the Communist videos feature a much better soundtrack, and the items listed are for sale.
I think this is just some pretty poor propaganda, and since when do WE need to resort to propaganda tactics to intimidate our potential adversaries? If we are emulating them, have we not become them?
Not trying to get political, so we'll leave it at that, but anyhow, without further adieu, I submit for your enjoyment and review:

[video=youtube;55fBmn2y2-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55fBmn2y2-s[/video]

It is a cool video.

In reality, it is a sales video, as now all the third world countries that think they need the nice Russian Stuffs will ask about Air Defense while they negotiate the terms of the Armata. I know I would.
Why don't we play our Cards close to the vest?
We're not very "Sneeky" if we make a friggin' Youtube Video!!!

That C-141 Starlifter is not very stealthy at all, so any modern military would knock it down with MANPADS or SA-Anythings before it started doing the Devil's Landscaping. The drop would not even be able to happen during daylight hours, so right there you've negated your asset's potential by 50%.

Last edited:
Actually, those transport aircraft are C-5s. C-141s have been retired for a number of years.

Agree that what is shown would be difficult to deploy in a contested battle space. However, could be quite handy to deploy at the borders of a country that expects an invasion by armor from their next door neighbor.

CGI product promotion videos are extremely common in the defense industry. I do a fair amount of work at defense industries trade shows and every new product is first shown as a rendered device or as a physical model.

Actually, those transport aircraft are C-5s. C-141s have been retired for a number of years.

Agree that what is shown would be difficult to deploy in a contested battle space. However, could be quite handy to deploy at the borders of a country that expects an invasion by armor from their next door neighbor.

CGI product promotion videos are extremely common in the defense industry. I do a fair amount of work at defense industries trade shows and every new product is first shown as a rendered device or as a physical model.

And C-5s are even less sneaky than C-141s, the famed "aluminum cloud" iirc.

And C-5s are even less sneaky than C-141s, the famed "aluminum cloud" iirc.

And how many have been lost in combat?....:)

Again, no one is saying that you can send these into a hotly contested airspace. However, they come and go to combat areas all the time doing their usual mission.

The scenario where you use them to beef up the defense of an area before that area becomes contested is completely workable, as shown.

And how many have been lost in combat?....:)

Again, no one is saying that you can send these into a hotly contested airspace. However, they come and go to combat areas all the time doing their usual mission.

The scenario where you use them to beef up the defense of an area before that area becomes contested is completely workable, as shown.

Afaik, none have been lost in combat and only 7 or so from accidents (based on wiki information), growing up as a kid in the south we used to watch them doing touch and goes out of the airport in Chattanooga, TN, also iirc the wing refits were made in Nashville, TN. During my time in the Army I got two tropical vacation adventures on them, once to Gitmo and once to Honduras.

Okay, I was wrong about the type of aircraft, but that was never my field anyhow.
I watch a ton of these videos everyday as a matter of research, but most of them are from Russia.
I really like the one for the Club-K Missile System.

Here is one that my employer did. I may or may not have been involved in doing some model testing where a smallish model of the Cormorant MPUAV were boosted out of a body of water using various 24mm rocket motors....;)

Interesting concept with some significant challenges attached to it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx28Xff5Yg

Last edited:
Back