Looking forward to this forum!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was excited to get back into model rockets. I got started in 1969 junior high school. Now retired and have the time to refurb the arsenal and get into larger rockets and motors. The 4 grandchildren love it and I enjoy entertaining them. Currently building the Apogee Saturn V 1/70 scale and about 80% done. It's planned madien flight is for Easter Sunday. It will launch on a G80 and will launch primer coated ....just in case...! Before I complete the 2-3 hour paint and decal process. I have 15 rockets in the barn including the space shuttle and my original 1969 Centuri Saturn 1B, the one with 4 engine cluster. This one needs major work as a result of incorrectly mounting a single engine mount for D and E motors. Not balanced , lifted off to about 50 ft, went horizontal and nose dived.
Currently upgrading my launch system and will post pictures. It is designed to launch 5' rockets like the Saturn V and the almost 5' Patriot missile. It is a rail and button system used previously in a different configuration. This one is an aluminum track system with recessed 1/4 inch slot.

More later. Look forward to reading posts.

I was excited to get back into model rockets. I got started in 1969 junior high school. Now retired and have the time to refurb the arsenal and get into larger rockets and motors. The 4 grandchildren love it and I enjoy entertaining them. Currently building the Apogee Saturn V 1/70 scale and about 80% done. It's planned madien flight is for Easter Sunday. It will launch on a G80 and will launch primer coated ....just in case...! Before I complete the 2-3 hour paint and decal process. I have 15 rockets in the barn including the space shuttle and my original 1969 Centuri Saturn 1B, the one with 4 engine cluster. This one needs major work as a result of incorrectly mounting a single engine mount for D and E motors. Not balanced , lifted off to about 50 ft, went horizontal and nose dived.
Currently upgrading my launch system and will post pictures. It is designed to launch 5' rockets like the Saturn V and the almost 5' Patriot missile. It is a rail and button system used previously in a different configuration. This one is an aluminum track system with recessed 1/4 inch slot.

More later. Look forward to reading posts.
Very nice! That Saturn is no joke.

Back