Looking for volunteers to test a new altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chance to get some code typed out over the weekend for an Android mobile app. I thought i could get further than this but oh well. I'm working on interpreting the data coming from the altimeter over bluetooth, then i'll do the arming and data file download. Last thing will be posting the data file back to flightsketch.com. I'll work on it throughout the week after the kids goto bed and keep the thread updated on progress

Screenshot_20190520-170812.png Screenshot_20190520-170950.png

I had a chance to get some code typed out over the weekend for an Android mobile app. I thought i could get further than this but oh well. I'm working on interpreting the data coming from the altimeter over bluetooth, then i'll do the arming and data file download. Last thing will be posting the data file back to flightsketch.com. I'll work on it throughout the week after the kids goto bed and keep the thread updated on progress

View attachment 383627 View attachment 383628

Thank You!!!

i got passed some of the hurdles i was facing last week and have arming and the other basic functionality working on the Android version of the app. There's a lot of "paperwork" that needs to be done between being finished with development and an app available for installation. Maybe a couple more weeks and the Android app will be available for download.

closer but still not quite there, i have the screens pretty much worked out. Still need to do the file download and post to flightsketch.com. Maybe tomorrow or while on a flight Friday.

you need bluetooth enabled, this is the main screen if i turn off bluetooth on my phone
Screenshot_20190529-223935.png

scan screen, any detected FlightSketch devices show up here. Uses the standard pull-to-refresh functionality
Screenshot_20190529-223956.png

device screen, showing the saved max. altitude and signal (signal is updated real time)
Screenshot_20190529-224011.png

after arming, you start getting real time altitude and temp. data (battery probably should be on the view above)
Screenshot_20190529-224027.png

after a simulated flight (stuck the altimeter in a big syringe and pulled a vacuum)
Screenshot_20190529-224103.png

Just found and read this whole thread. Exciting stuff! Count me in for the next hardware run and the Android App! Already signed up at FlightSketch.com to be informed when they are back in stock.

If it helps with cross-device testing, I have a Nokia 6.1 running Pie.

Back