Looking for US Army font

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankMemes

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
working on some custom cut vinyl for my M-104 Patriot instead of the peel n stick that comes with it, doing the roll pattern and wrap in Inkscape but want to find the best font to match the US Army text as seen here:

1639676737301.png

Any help here would be great appreciated...

Scan the decals/stickers with a ruler for me please... Then we can clean the image up (if needed) and do a font search by image.

That’s incredible

thanks! A million I’ll have to bookmark that site, had no idea that site existed that Zurich font is spot on, appreciate it owe you a cold one man for sure. Now to the Cricut machine to cut some decals after I lay out the roll pattern probably a little overkill for that kit but trying my chops on a smaller kit before I cut some bigger patterns. Planning on doing the whole decal sheet in black vinyl. Was a fun build so far lots of mods, 24mm motor mount and converted the upper yellow tube to a payload section which by the way holds a Marco Polo just right

That’s incredible

thanks! A million I’ll have to bookmark that site, had no idea that site existed that Zurich font is spot on, appreciate it owe you a cold one man for sure. Now to the Cricut machine to cut some decals after I lay out the roll pattern probably a little overkill for that kit but trying my chops on a smaller kit before I cut some bigger patterns. Planning on doing the whole decal sheet in black vinyl. Was a fun build so far lots of mods, 24mm motor mount and converted the upper yellow tube to a payload section which by the way holds a Marco Polo just right

K'Tesh turned you on to the right site to find the solution 80%+ of the time. It gets 'fun' when someone uses a mostly standard font and then tweaks the S and the g or something like that, but you'll get really close under most circumstances.

Having said that, do exercise a little bit of extra caution when downloading fonts in general - if you are on Windows at least. I have seen some sketchy sites at times, so while downloading from CNET or Thingaverse might be generally safe, just make sure you feel like you're not getting a redirect or something if you download fonts, as they often come as zip files.

To be clear, I have not gotten a virus or anything like that from the WTF site, but if you do general font searches, some of the sites seem sketchy. I generally download fonts to a generic computer first and if everything goes OK, I transfer to the work computer. Not everybody has that option, so just use your 'spidey-sense' and if the site seems sketchy, bail out.

Hope the Cricut project turns out well. I wish I would have gotten one of them earlier, but it sounds like their cloud/subscription stuff now-a-days would make me angry.

Sandy.

That font lookup site is pretty cool. Finding just the right font is tricky for some of those old classic kits. I had to draw my own stencil type font for this Bulldog cardstock downscale model, I couldn't find a good scan or anything else like it, so I kind of modified another font and blanked out some lines to make it look similar. Just as another example, and since Army, Navy, and Air Force have already been mentioned:

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 7.29.33 PM.png

and a clone of the S.C.R.A.M. from the Estes #0866 Mini Tri Pak used a similar stencil font:
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 7.38.13 PM.png

Last edited:
@K'Tesh thanks again buddy, looks like i was able to do it, got the whole decal sheet laid out i inkscape, appreciate the input everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-12-17 00-16-56.png
    Screenshot from 2021-12-17 00-16-56.png
    377.6 KB · Views: 29
If anyone's interested, here's the SVG file for the estes m-104 patriot decal sheet, will cut right out on a cricut machine, just need to do a ctrl-A and attach to get everythign to maintain its layout, requires about 3in x 7 in of Black Permanent Vinyl

Attachments

• Patriot Decals.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 9
Back