• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking For Info On The Centuri PNC-89 Nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for info on the Centuri PNC-89 nosecone. I know it's supposed to be 4.6" long (I'm presuming that's exposed length). I need the radius of the hemispherical tip, as well as info on the shoulder insert (looks to be a two part injection molded nosecone).

Thanks!
Jim

Was it used in the Buck Rodgers Starfighter Kit? I have a partial kit that I found. It has one nose cone in it. The diameter is a little under .9" and the length from the shoulder to tip is about 4.4".
BTW, it is the one piece cone.

Last edited:
Just got back from working a brutal week... Yesterday I had 11 classes (3 of which were unannounced until "You need to be in xyz classroom and teaching this class") starting at 8am, and ending at 7:45pm. Today staring at 8am, and off at 6:45pm (9 classes (one unannounced)). I'm beat. Thank God it's the end of the semester this week. I couldn't handle another week like this again.

Ok... What I know about the PNC-89 nosecone. Its exposed length is 4.6" long. It fits #8 body tubes. So, its OD is .908" and the shoulder would fit inside a .865" ID body tube.

From what I can find about the Centuri Buck Rogers "Earth Forces Starfighter" kit is that it was .91 OD. However, from my very limited search on Centuri Body tubes, the only tube that is even close is the #8. As to whether or not it used the PNC-89, I'm uncertain (but I haven't seen any other plastic nosecones from Centuri that are a different model).

OK. I've been cleaning out the hobby room and I came across your ad after coming across this kit. If I find a two piece that is a little longer, I will let you know.

OK. I've been cleaning out the hobby room and I came across your ad after coming across this kit. If I find a two piece that is a little longer, I will let you know.

I could use a clear photo (or scan)(with ruler) of it. I could also use the length of the shoulder, and the outer diameter of the shoulder.

Think I found one. The adapter is .860" in diameter, its exposed length is .610. It has about .25" shoulder that fits into the cone. The cones O.D. is .926" and is 4.618" long. BTW, the cone is red plastic. Do you need one, or just a picture? Let me know. I could ship the two piece and/or the one piece.

Think I found one. The adapter is .860" in diameter, its exposed length is .610. It has about .25" shoulder that fits into the cone. The cones O.D. is .926" and is 4.618" long. BTW, the cone is red plastic. Do you need one, or just a picture? Let me know. I could ship the two piece and/or the one piece.

Hi Bobwheet,

WOW! That's an incredible offer... Thanks!

I wasn't planning on a build, but with all the support I've been receiving from eRockets, Aerotech, TRF, and YORF, I'm thinking that it might be kind of fun. I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you really don't need it/them. Pics (with rulers) really help with my sims... Perhaps you've seen one or two... Physical samples are even better. Still, China Post can be kind of unreliable. So, if you decide to send it, I could still use a shot showing the assembled and unassembled cone just in case the worst happens.

BTW... Welcome to the forums!

I'm going to guess that the two-piece's shoulder is black plastic. My Centuri Mach 10's two-piece nosecone had a black shoulder and a red/orange exposed cone.

Pointy Side Up!
Jim

Thanks!

That gives me a much clearer idea of what they look like. I might be able to use them.

However, if you're willing to, could you photograph them again, individually, and with a regular ruler (something like a metal ruler with 1mm or 1/32" markings is best), nose butted up to something aligned on the 0"/0mm mark? That way I can print it and scale it here for my sim.

All The Best!
Jim

Back