• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Looking for Inert Fuel Grains for presentations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
I am looking for INERT propellant grains for when I do presentations to students, Scouts, Cub Scouts, etc. Currently I do a number of these type presentations every year and it would be really nice to have some Inert fuel grains to be able to pass around the room as props so students can actually see and feel what a propellant grain feels like. Currently I can only pass around a casing with a dummy blank in it which gives them an idea of the weight and size of the motors (I use AT 75/5120 for this purpose). The presentations have been pretty successful over all as I get one or two HS Seniors (its a Senior Astronomy class in most cases) who between my presentation and their instructors actually flying LPR rockets with them, actually come out to launches and fly a few rockets with us, a couple have expressed interest in going for L1.

I am also interested in collecting old altimeters (don't need to work) as demonstration items, these youth have all kinds of interests in rocketry and presenting as many facets as possible to them really piques their interest.

I think I have an altimeter or two that could be used for demonstration.

I have a couple old homebrew altimeters you can have. If weather is a go, I'll be down for the launch next week.

Back