Looking for heavy wall LONG tubes, 24 and 29mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
I'm looking for some tubes for my next two birds of the Sandman series. I need three of each of

24mm tube, heavy wall, foil lined if possible, at least 30" long, prefer 34-36", will take up to 48".

29mm tube, same as above.

The 24mm is the harder part. The good, heavy tube I can find is 24" long.

Anyone know of anyplace that's stocking this?

Originally posted by DynaSoar
I'm looking for some tubes for my next two birds of the Sandman series. I need three of each of

24mm tube, heavy wall, foil lined if possible, at least 30" long, prefer 34-36", will take up to 48".

29mm tube, same as above.

The 24mm is the harder part. The good, heavy tube I can find is 24" long.

Anyone know of anyplace that's stocking this?
LOC make 24 and 29mm thick wall tube in 34" lengths.

Totally Tubular do foil lined 24mm, again a full length is 34" - not as thick walled as LOC though thicker than Estes.

Originally posted by Daedalus
LOC make 24 and 29mm thick wall tube in 34" lengths.

Totally Tubular do foil lined 24mm, again a full length is 34" - not as thick walled as LOC though thicker than Estes.

I hadn't thought of LOC. Any idea if their 29mm motor tube is the same stuff that they use for their 38/29mm motor adapters?

Balsa Machining has a 29mm heavy wall tube. I think it's called the T52-H.

I have some 34" lengths of heavy walled 29mm tubes (I need to check now that I think about it - they may be 36" long) that I got off eBay. I have more than I need (like 5 or 6 of them.) How many do you want? Perhaps we could work a swap or something....

Originally posted by DynaSoar
I hadn't thought of LOC. Any idea if their 29mm motor tube is the same stuff that they use for their 38/29mm motor adapters?
Same stuff

Originally posted by Fore Check
I have some 34" lengths of heavy walled 29mm tubes (I need to check now that I think about it - they may be 36" long) that I got off eBay. I have more than I need (like 5 or 6 of them.) How many do you want? Perhaps we could work a swap or something....

Thanks, but I got a quick response from Totally Tubular (which I didn't expect) and they had both, as well as a few other pieces I needed. I asked for 3.6" of BT80 and he offered to send a full BT80 that had a crimped end. Can't turn down a nice offer like that. I can cut several 3.6" rings and offer them to people who want to convert their Estes V2 to a Canadian Arrow.

Still, I'll be needing more 29mm's, three at a time.
What do you want/need?
I've got an A.S.P. 18mm WAC Corporal scale kit with the top cut off the bag but that's all.

Back