Looking for Delta II =scale= drawings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris TNR

Reaction score
For about a month now, I have been searching for scale drawings of the Delta II (in any scale). I realize there are several versions of the Delta II, however in all the sites I have been to showing the many types of this rocket, none contained any detailed drawings that I could scale to. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.......

Thanks
NAR #84102
TNRocketry

Which version/mission are you thinking about modeling?

There are various combinations of GEM's (Graphite Epoxy Motors) and payload shrouds. There are two different size GEM's, in configurations of 3, 4, or 9 strap-ons. There are 2 different payload shrouds.

There is a Payload Planner's Guide here:
https://www.boeing.com/defense-space/space/delta/guides.htm

Also, "Rockets Of The World" has a measured drawing with the most commonly used payload fairing.

quote:
Orinally replied by vjp
There are various combinations of GEM's (Graphite Epoxy Motors) and payload shrouds. There are two different size GEM's, in configurations of 3, 4, or 9 strap-ons. There are 2 different payload shrouds.

Fortunately, the version I decided on is one of the most common Delta II's, of that being the GPS IIR-11 w/9 strap-ons (smaller GEM'S). I was able to get to the Delta II photo gallery via the link you provided, way cool...thank you. I printed up a few copies of the GPS IIR-11 (daytime launches, great detail) and then I'll just do a visual build from them, seeing how obtaining actual scale drawing of this particular rocket will be next to impossible. Unless of course Boeing wants to give em' up!......NOT! :D

Since I've started dumping my life savings into this L3 production, capitol is on the low side, and Christmas is going to take the rest :rolleyes: So I guess the acclaimed "Rockets of the World" will have to get put on hold. At $150 bucks a crack, I'm hoping Santa Claus puts one under the tree :D

Chris Emich
NAR #84102
TNRocketry

Originally posted by Chris TNR
quote:
[
Since I've started dumping my life savings into this L3 production, capitol is on the low side, and Christmas is going to take the rest :rolleyes: So I guess the acclaimed "Rockets of the World" will have to get put on hold. At $150 bucks a crack, I'm hoping Santa Claus puts one under the tree :D

Chris there was an article in Sport Rocketry with a drawing...the Sept/Oct 1998 issue, I believe... (ROW lists it as 1996 BTW)

Originally posted by Chris TNR
quote:
I'll just do a visual build from them, seeing how obtaining actual scale drawing of this particular rocket will be next to impossible. Unless of course Boeing wants to give em' up!......NOT! :D

It's in "Rockets of the World" (OK, It's out of stock for some time, but somebody must have a copy you can borrow) as well as in an old "Sport Rocketry" from not long after the Mars Pathfinder launch.

Peter Alway

quote:
It's in "Rockets of the World" (OK, It's out of stock for some time, but somebody must have a copy you can borrow) as well as in an old "Sport Rocketry" from not long after the Mars Pathfinder launch.
Peter Alway

Thank you Peter. I have a few guys in mind that either might have ROTW or know someone who does.
I'm also currently doing the downscale conversion drawing to 5" diameters for both the Falcon AIM-4E, and Tartar. Had been searching for quite a while on exactly which scale bird I was going to build, and both of these rockets were just what I was looking for.
Unfotunately, I'm presently right smack dab in the middle of glassing the BT's for my L3 rocket, and then I start the build, so things are gonna get nerve-racking for a while. I'm shootin' for spring on the scale builds.
Thanks again.........
NAR #84102
TNRocketry

Back