Looking for data on Estes motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
If any of you have old Estes catalogs from 1998 through 2002 I would like to get a copy of the pages with motor data.

I will cover your (reasonable) costs for Xeroxing and mailing a couple pages if you can shoot legible copies. Please PM or email me first with a note about whatever part of this data you might have handy.

The Estes motors have not changed.

The only changes were the new motors (C11 and E9).

There were no catalogs at all for several years (1999-2001?).

The 2002 was printed with INCORRECT data in the table and wrong thrust-time curves. They fixed it within weeks of being notified by fixing the online PDF catalog, but the printed versions were already printed.

2003 and 2004 are correct. The 2004 catalog is online at the Estes website as are the motor data sheets. The motor data is in the catalog and also in a seperate smaller file.

Go. Browse. Download. Enjoy.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

I didn't think the motors had changed, other than the introduction of the E9 and C11 series. It just costs too much to re-engineer a product like that, and to re-do the production process to tweak a set of rocket motors that is working just fine as is.

However

The Estes 2004 catalog shows quite a few changes in motor burn times, max thrust, and recommended total vehicle weights. Makes me wonder if someone at Estes messed up the new data or if the old data was wrong and is now finally corrected?

The motors may be the same but the data is definitely different

That is exactly where I went for most of my info, but his site stops at about 1996 or 1997.

What year/catalog are you comparing to 2004 and seeing the differences? I could go dig all mine out and look, but I figure it will be faster to ask...

Originally posted by powderburner
I didn't think the motors had changed, other than the introduction of the E9 and C11 series. It just costs too much to re-engineer a product like that, and to re-do the production process to tweak a set of rocket motors that is working just fine as is.

However

The Estes 2004 catalog shows quite a few changes in motor burn times, max thrust, and recommended total vehicle weights. Makes me wonder if someone at Estes messed up the new data or if the old data was wrong and is now finally corrected?

The motors may be the same but the data is definitely different

Back