Looking for amusing stories; "I suddenly realized I was doing this the hard way".

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dump your jack that comes with the car, what a PITA! Get a small hydro or even a screw jack. You may want to consider a cordless impact gun with the right size socket for your lugs. You can fab an adapter for the screw jack. Dark mountain road, middle of the night. Never again!

Wrenches that are supplied with tools that are stamped from 1/8" mild steel last just less than you need them to. Replace them as soon as you get them because a store that carries replacements is always several hours away.

When I was much younger, and knew jack-all about the building trades, we had a house built by a local builder. As we were just squeaking into it financially, we agreed to finish the woodwork, do the painting, and drywall the garage. Ickabod here thought you cut drywall with a circular saw! Man what a mess!

Years later, I hung 83 sheets in an addition we were doing (scoring and snapping with a razor knife this time...) All that sanding! About 3 sheets from the end, I discovered the lightweight professional joint compound that you just sponge to finish...

Back